CS Port LFT1 turntable added to the system

Phantom-Audio

Apr 23, 2017
Jakarta
www.phantom-audio.com
Very interesting comparison. With regards to the CSPort, several users have similarly reported the sound being soft and polite. That does not sound engaging., I wonder is it just a common signature of an air bearing linear arm? If you were to mount a pivot arm, would CSPort still sound soft? Any thoughts?
your dead wrong on the soft and polite and not engaging reports, actually if you own both tables and compare it to various in order to make a proper comparison. I would say the CSport is as Engaging if not more than the J.Sikora depending on the arm and setup. It is much more refined sounding and has very low fatigue.

Not sure which users you're talking about but in my room with all the guys who have heard both its a split decision 50/50 on which they prefer and this comes down to genre or music and the looks some prefer the J.Sikora others prefer the Japanese design.

Last edited:

No Regrets

Jan 24, 2012
Midwest USA
You are asking the designer of Graham what’s his favourite arm
I'm sorry. I had no idea that Phantom Audio had any relationship with Graham tone arms. When I look at his signature, it makes no mention of being a distributor of Graham arms.

Best wishes,
Don

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
I'm sorry. I had no idea that Phantom Audio had any relationship with Graham tone arms. When I look at his signature, it makes no mention of being a distributor of Graham arms.

Best wishes,
Don

maybe I am mistaken. I thought phantom was because Graham. Looks like not

Reactions: No Regrets

Phantom-Audio

Apr 23, 2017
Jakarta
www.phantom-audio.com
The LFT LT Arm demonstrates remarkable agility and dynamism, making it a perfect match for Classical and Jazz Music. While it may have a lighter impact on bass weight, its refinement and musicality are evident. However, when you use the Glanz on the CS port, the game changes. The bass no longer feels light, but you might sacrifice some of the vocal refinement that the LT arm offers. It's not a straightforward choice; it's a matter of personal preference. Whoever claims that the CSport lacks engagement simply doesn't understand its qualities!

Phantom-Audio

Apr 23, 2017
Jakarta
www.phantom-audio.com

Phantom-Audio

Apr 23, 2017
Jakarta
www.phantom-audio.com
Personally, I enjoy listening to all types of music on both turntables. Each turntable has its own engaging qualities, unique traits, and character. It's not a matter of determining which one is superior but rather a matter of personal preference. I have shared numerous videos of pop music on my Facebook page to demonstrate how well the Csport can handle various music genres. Ultimately, the performance heavily depends on the arm used on both turntables and the cartridge chosen for each setup.

dcc

VIP/Donor
Nov 4, 2012
Continental Europe -
Mine does not sound soft and polite at all. I guess it depends on the cartridge. I replaced the stock tonearm cable and put another headshell on the linear tracking arm. The SAT tonearm works like a charm. If I could make a car analogy: the linear tracking arm is a GT whereas the SAT is more a track car.

Phantom-Audio

Apr 23, 2017
Jakarta
www.phantom-audio.com
Mine does not sound soft and polite at all. I guess it depends on the cartridge. I replaced the stock tonearm cable and put another headshell on the linear tracking arm. The SAT tonearm works like a charm. If I could make a car analogy: the linear tracking arm is a GT whereas the SAT is more a track car.
Exactly i don't know how my words changed from Sweet and refinement to soft and polite :)

The table is not soft and polite or disengaging.

No Regrets

Jan 24, 2012
Midwest USA
Both CSport and J.Sikora, in my opinion, are excellent turntables.

In my observation, the J.Sikora has precise start and stop capabilities, and when used with the AnalogMagik Software, it maintains speed stability with a tighter tolerance compared to the CSport motor. J.Sikora appears more authoritative, and its bass and mid-bass delivery are particularly impressive, akin to the way my Technics SP10 performs but with a more musically pleasing sound. On the other hand, I found the SP10R to sound a bit too aggressive.

Furthermore, J.Sikora stands out as an exceptionally quiet turntable that doesn't require additional equipment like airpumps or clamp systems. I find its setup process to be easy and hassle-free.

The J.Sikora turntable possesses refinement and directness, making it adept at presenting pop or more modern-day music with a great sense of pace and rhythm. In my opinion, when set up correctly, it becomes an incredibly musical platform. I find it versatile for various genres, and setting up arms or multiple arms is effortless.

On the other hand, the CSport has a slightly more refined and sweeter sound, with a touch of agility and smoothness. However, it sacrifices some low-end response compared to what the J.Sikora can deliver in larger spaces. Nevertheless, the J.Sikora can easily match the slight advantage in the midrange to upper range, depending on the arm and cartridge used.

Both turntables are indeed excellent. However, the CSport requires some time and effort to achieve better motor system stability and speed stability. Fine-tuning the airpump flow to both the arm and table is necessary to get the best sound from it. On the other hand, the J.Sikora is much simpler in this regard, as it offers a "plug and play" experience.
Personally, I find that the J.Sikora is better suited for my preferences in music genres like Pop, Rock, Electronics, Hip Hop, and Movie Scores..

I prefer the CSport on Classical Musical and Jazz and certain vocal or soft music. Its refinement and sweet sound can sound a little too soft on certain recordings. Its hard to choose which one i would pick as first. Depending on the music i switch tables often.
Thank you so very much for the detailed reply to my question! I love hearing the thoughts and experiences from someone who has actually heard both tables side by side.

I had spent many hours over 3 days listening to the J Sikora Reference Line table at the recent AXPONA Show near Chicago this past April. It was paired with Doshi Tubed Electronics and the Joseph Audio Pearl Graphene speakers. Imho, it was easily the best sound and the most enjoyable listening experience that I had at the entire show.

The sound was expansive, dynamic, full range, engaging, had the "flesh and meat on the bones" kind of sound that I love. This was with their KV12 tone arm, I believe. They played a lot of jazz and popular music. I didn't hear any classical on this system.... I wish I would have asked for an example, but I was so engulfed with what they were playing that I didn't think to ask. The sound was very direct, as if you could reach out and touch the performers. The table was very quiet and like you mentioned... it appeared to be plug and play. No pumps, no periphery rings, however they did use a clamp over the spindle. My impression was so favorable, I thought that if I replace my table... it would certainly be with this one. Caveat, I haven't heard a CS Port yet.

May I ask which is your favorite arm and cartridge combination on the J Sikora table? It was mentioned that you may be the designer of the Graham tonearm... I don't know if that is true or not, but I would still appreciate your thoughts if you would be willing to share :)

Thank you and best wishes,
Don

Phantom-Audio

Apr 23, 2017
Jakarta
www.phantom-audio.com
Thank you so very much for the detailed reply to my question! I love hearing the thoughts and experiences from someone who has actually heard both tables side by side.

I had spent many hours over 3 days listening to the J Sikora Reference Line table at the recent AXPONA Show near Chicago this past April. It was paired with Doshi Tubed Electronics and the Joseph Audio Pearl Graphene speakers. Imho, it was easily the best sound and the most enjoyable listening experience that I had at the entire show.

The sound was expansive, dynamic, full range, engaging, had the "flesh and meat on the bones" kind of sound that I love. This was with their KV12 tone arm, I believe. They played a lot of jazz and popular music. I didn't hear any classical on this system.... I wish I would have asked for an example, but I was so engulfed with what they were playing that I didn't think to ask. The sound was very direct, as if you could reach out and touch the performers. The table was very quiet and like you mentioned... it appeared to be plug and play. No pumps, no periphery rings, however they did use a clamp over the spindle. My impression was so favorable, I thought that if I replace my table... it would certainly be with this one. Caveat, I haven't heard a CS Port yet.

May I ask which is your favorite arm and cartridge combination on the J Sikora table? It was mentioned that you may be the designer of the Graham tonearm... I don't know if that is true or not, but I would still appreciate your thoughts if you would be willing to share :)

Thank you and best wishes,
Don
bonzo is mistaken i have no association with Graham tonearms.

I very much like the Sumile Cartridge on the LT arm and the Xqusite GT gold Version. Both are Excellent the music is in the room floating.

You simply can't go wrong with the J.Sikora. Reference Turntable. for this table i like the following two Arms, Franks SQ and Glanzs 12 Inch. Both work like a Charm.

my Fav Cart is the Sumile or the X Quisite gold Version. I have tried the Silver X Quisite but found it a little high picthed on my setup not sure if its the Silver coils. But the gold coils have more meat and a pleasant sound. Transparency and Dynamics on both are outstanding. Refinement and low fatigue.

The EMT Gold is not far behind and its also a fav of mine. This cart works well with the Glanzs

No Regrets

Jan 24, 2012
Midwest USA
bonzo is mistaken i have no association with Graham tonearms.

I very much like the Sumile Cartridge on the LT arm and the Xqusite GT gold Version. Both are Excellent the music is in the room floating.

You simply can't go wrong with the J.Sikora. Reference Turntable. for this table i like the following two Arms, Franks SQ and Glanzs 12 Inch. Both work like a Charm.

my Fav Cart is the Sumile or the X Quisite gold Version. I have tried the Silver X Quisite but found it a little high picthed on my setup not sure if its the Silver coils. But the gold coils have more meat and a pleasant sound. Transparency and Dynamics on both are outstanding. Refinement and low fatigue.

The EMT Gold is not far behind and its also a fav of mine. This cart works well with the Glanzs
Thank you Phantom for taking the time and sharing your thoughts and experiences with us. I truly appreciate it :)
Best wishes,
Don

ationg

Aug 7, 2016
Exactly i don't know how my words changed from Sweet and refinement to soft and polite :)

The table is not soft and polite or disengaging.
I didn’t change your words. All these descriptions are relative to other turntable designs.

Phantom-Audio

Apr 23, 2017
Jakarta
www.phantom-audio.com
I didn’t change your words. All these descriptions are relative to other turntable designs.
OK :) people can say whatever they think based on comments posted on Forums., Real Experience comes from actual listening and living with the products for weeks or months ends.

It takes days or weeks to fully understand the character of one's cartridge, tonearm or turntable. Too many variables can tip the scales.

108CY

May 4, 2013
The LFT LT Arm demonstrates remarkable agility and dynamism, making it a perfect match for Classical and Jazz Music. While it may have a lighter impact on bass weight, its refinement and musicality are evident. However, when you use the Glanz on the CS port, the game changes. The bass no longer feels light, but you might sacrifice some of the vocal refinement that the LT arm offers. It's not a straightforward choice; it's a matter of personal preference. Whoever claims that the CSport lacks engagement simply doesn't understand its qualities!
The LFT LT Arm has been modified over the years during its production, with different wiring all offering different perspectives to its sound, The original version with the ribbon wire has the most bass weight and drive with sheer sence of scale if that is what one is looking for. The arm responds incredibly well to wiring changes both internal and external. The CS is a tricky turntable and if set up and used correctly can be very engaging indeed.

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
tonight the last 4 hours all vinyl, the last 2 hours really taken with the CS Port LFT1 air bearing/air float linear tracker + Etsuro Gold + LFD phono cable + EMIA phono. sublime, sweet, embracing, lively, pulls me strongly into the musical flow and performance. the system and room drop away. you can cut the sense of venue with a knife. intoxicating presence.

very human and earthy sounding. all the pieces synergizing.

first Bartok Quartet, Quatuor Vegh box set, No.1 and No.2, then Speakers Corner Backhaus/Brahms Concerto No.2. both wonderful recordings with realistically scaled performers and a very balanced sound. intimate and yet large scale in the right ways.

i'll sleep well tonight.
IMG_0951.jpeg

Last edited:

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
tonight the last 4 hours all vinyl, the last 2 hours really taken with the CS Port LFT1 air bearing/air float linear tracker + Etsuro Gold + LFD phono cable + EMIA phono. sublime, sweet, embracing, lively, pulls me strongly into the musical flow and performance. the system and room drop away. you can cut the sense of venue with a knife. intoxicating presence.

very human and earthy sounding. all the pieces synergizing.

first Bartok Quartet, Quatuor Vegh box set, No.1 and No.2, then Speakers Corner Backhaus/Brahms Concerto No.2. both wonderful recordings with realistically scaled performers and a very balanced sound. intimate and yet large scale in the right ways.

i'll sleep well tonight.
View attachment 114406

here’s a video of a different Brahms piano concerto 2

No Regrets

Jan 24, 2012
Midwest USA
here’s a video of a different Brahms piano concerto 2

Bonzo comes thru with another fantastic recording!!! I love when you share these videos with us all, as I find it an excellent way to discover excellent recordings to add to my collection :)

After all, at the end of the day it's all about the enjoyment of the music :cool:

Best wishes to all,
Don

Reactions: bonzo75

No Regrets

Jan 24, 2012
Midwest USA
Bonzo comes thru with another fantastic recording!!! I love when you share these videos with us all, as I find it an excellent way to discover excellent recordings to add to my collection :)

After all, at the end of the day it's all about the enjoyment of the music :cool:

Best wishes to all,
Don
The only problem with that, is it keeps costing me money :oops:
I just went online and bought two NM copies of the

Sviatoslav Richter, Orchestre De Paris, Lorin Maazel, Brahms* – Piano Concerto No. 2​

One is the 1970 UK His Masters Voice edition.
The other is the 1970 USSR ??????? edition for a comparison.

Then of course, because I am purchasing from overseas, I had to order a few other lp's from each seller to help defray the cost of international shipping :)

Between my recent orders from the DG Original Source Series and now these, thanks again to Bonzo... I've got some great listening sessions coming up to look forward too!

Now, back to your regular programming...

Best wishes to all,
Don

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
The only problem with that, is it keeps costing me money :oops:
I just went online and bought two NM copies of the

Sviatoslav Richter, Orchestre De Paris, Lorin Maazel, Brahms* – Piano Concerto No. 2​

One is the 1970 UK His Masters Voice edition.
The other is the 1970 USSR ??????? edition for a comparison.

Then of course, because I am purchasing from overseas, I had to order a few other lp's from each seller to help defray the cost of international shipping :)

Between my recent orders from the DG Original Source Series and now these, thanks again to Bonzo... I've got some great listening sessions coming up to look forward too!

Now, back to your regular programming...

Best wishes to all,
Don

the video Is playing tape, not LP

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing