Count me in!

soundofvoid

WBF Founding Member
Apr 22, 2010
Athens/Greece
Hi to all members!I live in Athens/Greece and was invited to this wonderful forum by my friend George.
I am a vet,married with two kids,a boy 12 and a girl 6.My work is stressful and for years now audio has become a way to relieve myself from all the extra steam.
My audio journey started with my first system as a student.After changing numerous speakers, amps,
turntables, CD players, and after counting 25 years in this hobby my beliefs are somewhat crystallized
into the following: a)Nothing can beat (in most respects) a well set up analog rig.
b)Planars sound better (in most respects) that conventional cones.
c)Tubes are way ahead in presenting the "illusion".Mine at least!
d)I am going to shoot the next person who is going to say that high end audio
is about revealing the absolute truth in recorded music.
I am open to discussion in all the other matters...

kach22i

WBF Founding Member
Apr 21, 2010
Ann Arbor, Michigan
www.kachadoorian.com
Hi to all members!I live in Athens/Greece and was invited to this wonderful forum by my friend George.
My head is going to swell up.:cool:

Good to have you here, it will be interesting to see what others think of your turntable design/tinkering most of all. I'm personally blown away by all the effort.

soundofvoid

WBF Founding Member
Apr 22, 2010
Athens/Greece
Thanks George!Don't expect everyone to be as thrilled!Some people here have mega systems!
It takes a lot of time and personal effort to push something into the next level.
Most people just don't bother.They go out and buy the next big thing leaving perfectly upgradable units in the dust.
An ancient greek proverb : "penia technas katergazete" in free tranlation "lack of -whatever- makes you find new ways"
is the motto of the original DIY person.If i could buy a Rockport Sirius IV turntable i would probably leave it alone -the first year!
As soon as i gather my rather scattered photo archives i will start some threads in the diy topics.
This is mainly because i am an analogue guy in the photography too.I have so much analog gear (i still shoot slides and print my own b&w)
that i consider it a sin to let them gather dust...

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing