Andre Marc

Member Sponsor
Mar 14, 2012
San Diego
www.avrev.com

Groucho

Aug 18, 2012
UK
A band from Scotland called North Atlantic Oscillation. Two very nice albums.

(and what a lovely girl in that first video...)

Last edited:

Groucho

Aug 18, 2012
UK
And everyone already knows about Tame Impala... ?

I've been an admirer for a while, but I don't think they're well known beyond the cognoscenti.

Groucho

Aug 18, 2012
UK
We're straying quite a way from Everything Everything now, but I think this band is definitely cool:

Andre Marc

Member Sponsor
Mar 14, 2012
San Diego
www.avrev.com
And everyone already knows about Tame Impala... ?

I've been an admirer for a while, but I don't think they're well known beyond the cognoscenti.

I think they are better live. The records to me are a bit too much deconstructed Pink Floyd without any real songs.

Groucho

Aug 18, 2012
UK
.. am I hearing Tull, Traffic, and Free?

I would say so, kind of like a distillation of all the best bits! As with Tame Impala and some of the other bands we've been talking about, I like the quiet, unflustered 'gentle' voice over the top of a robust instrumental backing.

Andre Marc

Member Sponsor
Mar 14, 2012
San Diego
www.avrev.com
I would say so, kind of like a distillation of all the best bits! As with Tame Impala and some of the other bands we've been talking about, I like the quiet, unflustered 'gentle' voice over the top of a robust instrumental backing.

I ordered both CDs. I sure wish there were FLAC downloads. New album coming in April.....:D

Groucho

Aug 18, 2012
UK
I posted a link to this band earlier, but I don't think it showed up as a video (apologies if you did see it):

They're anti-cool, if anything!

Groucho

Aug 18, 2012
UK
Two from Jools Holland.

This one hot off the press from this week's show:

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Dude you are going to make me broke. Am I crazy (well, I am) or am I hearing Tull, Traffic, and Free?

I definitely hear the Tull and Traffic influence. I don't hear the Free influence though. I really like this music though. Big time.

Andre Marc

Member Sponsor
Mar 14, 2012
San Diego
www.avrev.com
I definitely hear the Tull and Traffic influence. I don't hear the Free influence though. I really like this music though. Big time.

I bought both CDs, and they have a new one coming in a few weeks. I'd love to see them if they come to the States.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing