Capital Audiofest 2023

gleeds

Industry Expert
May 29, 2018
Funny others told me the AG room was better .. :)

Audio: one mans euphoria is another anathema ..!

Regards
Ron, I would say in prior days darTZeel amplifiers perform best on easy to drive loudspeakers was true. Today's NHB-108 is now 200 watts/channel and should have no problem powering more difficult loads and an improved power supply. The NHB-468 at roughly 480 watts none at all, including Jacob Helibrunn's Wilson Chromosonic XVS and Thor Hammers, each using a pair of 468's (four in total) for a time! I understand Jacob has switch to a massive Avantgarde system, but imagine he is still using his darT's. Of course the amplifiers come at a dear price but that's besides the point, at least in Jacob's system:)

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
I'm just about to release the Capital Audio Fest 2023 Video Tour. While doing the editing I was reminded how much I liked two additional rooms: the Von Schweikert Audio Endeavor/VAC room, and the Nola/VAC room.

I had never heard Nola before, but the open baffle presentation naturally appeals to me, and I thought the system sounded great!

Rexp

Aug 31, 2022
I'm just about to release the Capital Audio Fest 2023 Video Tour. While doing the editing I was reminded how much I liked two additional rooms: the Von Schweikert Audio Endeavor/VAC room, and the Nola/VAC room.

I had never heard Nola before, but the open baffle presentation naturally appeals to me, and I thought the system sounded great!
Any idea what digital source was used in the Nola room. Couldn't quite make it out from the video.

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Any idea what digital source was used in the Nola room. Couldn't quite make it out from the video.
I think Carl walked up to the front to play CDs.

Reactions: Rexp

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA

beaur

Fleetwood Sound
Oct 12, 2011
Brooklyn
Hey Beau - Great seeing you at CAF! Glad you enjoyed our room! You're always welcome to come over for a little "Music Appreciation" session with my Volti K-horns, BP Parallel SET 300B, BP preamp as well as some vinyl...

Cheers,
Pete
I'm definitely in as long as it's a home and home series. Have to get you into Brooklyn soon also.

Beau

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013

KSelectric

Nov 21, 2023
California
I'm with Salectric on this one - the Deja Vu audio room stole the show.

Then again - Salectric and I have VERY similar systems. Also much enjoyed your Western 124 build on another forum. I used to have the same Jensen P15-LL woofers but have moved to a Jensen PMJ-18 in a mono setup with a Western 124 :)

Those YL drivers are really nice, basically Western 555 clones from the 50s or 60s if I remember correctly but can play down to around 200hz. Pretty cool stuff.

Reactions: Salectric

Salectric

Jan 15, 2012
I'm with Salectric on this one - the Deja Vu audio room stole the show.

Then again - Salectric and I have VERY similar systems. Also much enjoyed your Western 124 build on another forum. I used to have the same Jensen P15-LL woofers but have moved to a Jensen PMJ-18 in a mono setup with a Western 124 :)

Those YL drivers are really nice, basically Western 555 clones from the 50s or 60s if I remember correctly but can play down to around 200hz. Pretty cool stuff.
Clearly you have a discerning ear and excellent taste.

I sent you a private message.

tony22

Nov 4, 2019
how much I liked two additional rooms: the Von Schweikert Audio Endeavor/VAC room
There you go! The Endeavor SE is a fabulous speaker for the money, IMNSHO. :D

gleeds

Industry Expert
May 29, 2018
There you go! The Endeavor SE is a fabulous speaker for the money, IMNSHO. :D
We used Endeavor SE's at Axpona last year with WestminsterLab electronics and Lampizator's Horizon DAC. They are simply remarkable loudspeakers regardless of price and ideal for small to mid-size rooms. Feed them a fast, well controlled 100 tube or SS amplifier and add an excellent source and "end game" sound for very little money can be yours! For bigger rooms and bass freaks just add VSA's latest subs and don't look back.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
I agree the Endeavor SE was sounding the best I had ever heard it.

Reactions: tony22

Damon Von Schweikert

WBF Technical Expert
Sep 15, 2016
California
www.vonschweikert.com
We used Endeavor SE's at Axpona last year with WestminsterLab electronics and Lampizator's Horizon DAC. They are simply remarkable loudspeakers regardless of price and ideal for small to mid-size rooms. Feed them a fast, well controlled 100 tube or SS amplifier and add an excellent source and "end game" sound for very little money can be yours! For bigger rooms and bass freaks just add VSA's latest subs and don't look back.
We're such fans of the system we showed the ESE with for AXPONA, we debuted the VR-55 MkII on this excellent gear at CAF.

I can't find a single flaw in this pairing... so much so that I don't analyze what I'm hearing and just enjoy it.

Reactions: tony22 and LampiNA

tony22

Nov 4, 2019
Yep, I was there! They sounded awesome. :) But they can also fill a very large space very easily. ;)

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
IMO the rooms at CAF have not been kind to Von Schweikert over the years. .I can' tell you how elated I was to hear beautiful music coming from both of their rooms.
As usual, I take my seat at the end of the bar, when the shoe is over (It is close to the buffet) Up comes Damon and orders a drink. I congratulate him on "getting it right." (He does not know who I am.) A big smile came across his face.

Damon Von Schweikert

WBF Technical Expert
Sep 15, 2016
California
www.vonschweikert.com
IMO the rooms at CAF have not been kind to Von Schweikert over the years. .I can' tell you how elated I was to hear beautiful music coming from both of their rooms.
As usual, I take my seat at the end of the bar, when the shoe is over (It is close to the buffet) Up comes Damon and orders a drink. I congratulate him on "getting it right." (He does not know who I am.) A big smile came across his face.
Thanks for the kind words and sharing your thoughts with me. These shows are a lot of work and it's very gratifying to know when people enjoyed it. Cheers!

Reactions: Gregadd and gleeds

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing