Cantate Domino 1 step 45 rpm

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
Received today my copy n. 12 on 420 of Cantate Domino ,One Step,produced from a small Italian company,Audionautes.
There is a 33 rpm and same in 2 45 rpm, total 3 vynil and a very nice book
Really impressive for sound, silence and natural, sure absolutely the best recording of Cantate Domino
Price 170 euro.

Next will do Jazz at the pawnshop and Belafonte mono

Other recording they do are amazing

Attachments

• IMG_5523.jpg
    IMG_5523.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_5525.jpg
    IMG_5525.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_5526.jpg
    IMG_5526.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_5527.jpg
    IMG_5527.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 9
Reactions: redandgold

Kingrex

Feb 3, 2019
Do you know more about the one step. Was it digitally masteres or all analog.

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
I have original black cover and white cover copies. They sound excellent and are silent. Gian, Buy one if you compared your reissue to an original copy in good condition? I’m curious about how they might sound different. I have not had good experience with thick vinyl re-issues lately, particularly when a good condition original is available. I enjoy this music.

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
From original master tape
Same will be Belafonte mono and Jan at the pawnshop

Attachments

• IMG_5531.jpg
    IMG_5531.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 0

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
I have the original from 1976 and ne Audiophile Proprius version,
i will compare, but Fabio Camorani,owner of Audionautes,told me this is considered from all who listened absolutely the best version

Audionautes also do Master Tape

Attachments

• IMG_5532.jpg
    IMG_5532.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_5533.jpg
    IMG_5533.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 3
Reactions: PeterA

Kingrex

Feb 3, 2019
Giwn60, If your responding to me. My understanding is the tape machine goes through a mixing board to feed the cutting lathe. Do you know if the board is analog or digital? Did they do any digital editing as they send the signal from the tape to lathe? I am not educated in these matters. I just think back to the last debocle with MoFi. Is this the same process or different.

Rensselaer

VIP/Donor
Mar 23, 2021
Jazz at the Pawnshop is either analogue R2R tape or digital CD according to their website, tis a shame for me.

I have purchased several of their pure analogue vinyl recordings, the two best (IMHO) are: La Spagna (AN-1401) and Domnerus Antiphone Blues (AN-1601).

La Spagna is of early music played on early musical instruments of the period. The music, the musicianship, the timbre, tone, sound stage width and depth, everything is excellent . Domnerus Antiphone Blues is a saxophone player and church organ player jamming together in a cathedral. Very unusual but mesmerising as well. Originally from Proprius it was often used to show off one's system. This cut exceeds that cut in presentation.

Others I bought that I am neither astounded by nor disappointed in are: Sara K., Play on Words (AN-1602), The Westminster Choir, O Magnum Mysterium (AN-1801) and Now the Green Blade Riseth (AN-1901).

One that I am disappointed with is Valerie Joyce (AN-2002), a sultry jazz singer with, incredibly, a voice that falls into baritone. On my system her singing is swallowed up in the ensemble and difficult to understand.

The two recordings I recommended I would put up against any of the current pure analogue record producers; Analogue Productions, Electric Recording Company, fone', Blue Note, Deutsche Gramophone, Craft or Reference Recordings I own in terms of sound quality, my Classic Records Clarity in 45 RPM edging slightly, direct-to-disc's as well and my lacquer of Marvin Gaye "What's Going On" from Supersense, by far the best.

Last edited:

trifabcam

Jan 14, 2024
Italy
Giwn60, If your responding to me. My understanding is the tape machine goes through a mixing board to feed the cutting lathe. Do you know if the board is analog or digital? Did they do any digital editing as they send the signal from the tape to lathe? I am not educated in these matters. I just think back to the last debocle with MoFi. Is this the same process or different.
I understand your question very well. If the master is analog we work in full analog domain. And we also do mastering in analog for all CDs, the A/D is just the last step. So we give an analog tape for cutting in full analog pathway.

trifabcam

Jan 14, 2024
Italy
I have original black cover and white cover copies. They sound excellent and are silent. Gian, Buy one if you compared your reissue to an original copy in good condition? I’m curious about how they might sound different. I have not had good experience with thick vinyl re-issues lately, particularly when a good condition original is available. I enjoy this music.
We have all edtions, somehow, for our tests. But we had the masters... The session tapes, to tell the truth.

trifabcam

Jan 14, 2024
Italy
Jazz at the Pawnshop is either analogue R2R tape or digital CD according to their website, tis a shame for me.

I have purchased several of their pure analogue vinyl recordings, the two best (IMHO) are: La Spagna (AN-1401) and Domnerus Antiphone Blues (AN-1601).

La Spagna is of early music played on early musical instruments of the period. The music, the musicianship, the timbre, tone, sound stage width and depth, everything is excellent . Domnerus Antiphone Blues is a saxophone player and church organ player jamming together in a cathedral. Very unusual but mesmerising as well. Originally from Proprius it was often used to show off one's system. This cut exceeds that cut in presentation.

Others I bought that I am neither astounded by nor disappointed in are: Sara K., Play on Words (AN-1602), The Westminster Choir, O Magnum Mysterium (AN-1801) and Now the Green Blade Riseth (AN-1901).

One that I am disappointed with is Valerie Joyce (AN-2002), a sultry jazz singer with, incredibly, a voice that falls into baritone. On my system her singing is swallowed up in the ensemble and difficult to understand.

The two recordings I recommended I would put up against any of the current pure analogue record producers; Analogue Productions, Electric Recording Company, fone', Blue Note, Deutsche Gramophone, Craft or Reference Recordings I own in terms of sound quality, my Classic Records Clarity in 45 RPM edging slightly, direct-to-disc's as well and my lacquer of Marvin Gaye "What's Going On" from Supersense, by far the best.
Than k for you detailed feedback, it must be deeper analysed. But I can't see why a shame to have R2R, CD and LP.

Rensselaer

VIP/Donor
Mar 23, 2021
Than k for you detailed feedback, it must be deeper analysed. But I can't see why a shame to have R2R, CD and LP.
The shame is because, from what I read, they do not offer Jazz at the Pawnshop on LP, just R2R and CD. Maybe I read it wrong?

trifabcam

Jan 14, 2024
Italy
The shame is because, from what I read, they do not offer Jazz at the Pawnshop on LP, just R2R and CD. Maybe I read it wrong?
Correct. The web site had many problems in 2023, caused by the hosting. And it's not very updated. The 1-step 45rpm box will be presented in Munich, in May.

redandgold

Jun 3, 2018
Received today my copy n. 12 on 420 of Cantate Domino ,One Step,produced from a small Italian company,Audionautes.
There is a 33 rpm and same in 2 45 rpm, total 3 vynil and a very nice book
Really impressive for sound, silence and natural, sure absolutely the best recording of Cantate Domino
Price 170 euro.

Next will do Jazz at the pawnshop and Belafonte mono

Other recording they do are amazing
You are lucky one. In Germany they ask 230 Euro.

astrotoy

VIP/Donor
May 24, 2010
SF Bay Area
I splurged in late '22 and bought JATP and Cantate Domino from Audio Nautes, copies from the original masters. Some of the best sounding tapes I have in my collection. (15ips 2 track 1/4" tapes). Guessing that the one-step vinyl is as close to that at a fraction of the price. Larry

trifabcam

Jan 14, 2024
Italy
I splurged in late '22 and bought JATP and Cantate Domino from Audio Nautes, copies from the original masters. Some of the best sounding tapes I have in my collection. (15ips 2 track 1/4" tapes). Guessing that the one-step vinyl is as close to that at a fraction of the price. Larry
The gap is still evident, no way.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing