Can speaker terminals on vintage gear be changed?

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Hi John,

Didn't I send you Kevin's cables with the Banana plugs? If so, you can order these from Kevin:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rhodium-Pla...466405206?pt=AU_Pro_Audio&hash=item43a1259b56

If they were the spades, then I am sure that Kevin can get you some of those as well.

Rich

Banana on one end and spades on the other. I cut the spade end, but I can't reuse them as the wire was soldered into place. And I tell ya...I have no idea how he managed to put so much wire into such a tiny space...amazing. I think for ease of use I'll just order some Bananas from Kevin or if PC has some good quality ones that are similar.

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Rich,
Although they look cheap, these old binding posts are of excellent quality - they were used by several brands in the 90's. Note that the surface is textured, that will assure a high pressure contact zone. And it is not a credit card, it is a fuel point card - but I am sure that it will sound much better if you use a valid platinum credit card. :eek:

I think I'll use an now empty Tim Horton's coffee card....LOL!

garylkoh

WBF Technical Expert (Speakers & Audio Equipment)
Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com
You really complicate it, guys. :)
Done in three minutes and forty seconds!

Err..... I would put the binding posts on the non-magnetic strip side. The mag strip is conductive, and you could short out the outputs.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing