c220 preamp.........

RDB

Jan 8, 2012
Niagara Falls NY.
Hi WBF
I am going to audition a c220 in my system either Tuesday or Wednesday. My local dealer is bringing my current preamp(ARC LS15)back(it's been gone for repair)and he's going to bring the c220 with him. If the c220 sounds good with my amp, I'll buy, if not I'll just keep the LS15.

I'll be sure to let everyone know the outcome.

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
I owned the C2300 which I believe is higher on the food chain than the C220. Although the C2300 has six 12AX7s, damned if it didn't sound like a SS preamp just like the ARC LS-17 did. Good luck and let us know what you think.

RDB

Jan 8, 2012
Niagara Falls NY.
I owned the C2300 which I believe is higher on the food chain than the C220. Although the C2300 has six 12AX7s, damned if it didn't sound like a SS preamp just like the ARC LS-17 did. Good luck and let us know what you think.

mep:
I demoed the c220 in my system against the LS15 yesterday. I was so impressed that I bought the c220.

It as a host of features including:

Tone controls.
Balance control.
Phono stage.

The phono stage is unique. If you are not using it or don't have a turntable, it can be turned off. This prevents wear on the tubes. There are two tubes for the phono stage and two for the preamp functions.

It's a quality preamp, and I'm extremely happy with it.

My deler gave me a good trade allowance for the LS15 and I couldn't pass it up.

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
I'm glad you are happy because that is all that matters. I never heard the C220 so I have no idea how that sounds in comparison to the C2300.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing