Buddy Guy on Tour 2013

puroagave

Member Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
seen him several years in a row when he made it to the "belly up" tavern in SD - good times.

from 2010's living proof album:

I'm 74 years young, there ain't nothing I haven't done
I've been a dog and I've been a tomcat
I chased some tails and I left some tracks
I still know how to have my fun 'cause I'm 74 years young

Got a few good tricks up my sleeve
I know everything that a good woman needs
I show respect and I treat 'em right
They all keep coming back night after night
When it come to loving, I ain't never done
I'm 74 years young

I've been all around the world, everywhere is home
Drink wine with kings and the Rolling Stones
I got a few scars from the battles I won
'Cause I'm 74 years young

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Saw him in the late 80's or early 90's (can't quite remember) at the Molson Amphithreatre in Toronto. Also on the same bill -----Etta James, John Lee Hooker, B.B. King, Junior Walker & The All-Stars, plus some others.

Last edited:

Whatmore

Jun 2, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
I have seen him every time he has been to Australia in the last 25 years. Every gig has been amazing.
The man is a legend

and BTW everyone (rightly) focuses on his guitar playing, but what a voice!

Bill Hart

May 11, 2012
Glad you all are into him and have heard him live- what was a great pleasure for me was that he stayed close to his roots in the electric chicago blues style that he created, rather than what I consider to be blued oriented rock which is for me, getting pretty tiresome. Quinn Sullivan, the child prodigy that opened for him, and played a couple numbers together with Buddy at the end, was a study in contrast- lightening fast chops, but no soul (how can a 14 y/o middle class kid have soul) and a 'sameness' to his playing that made Buddy's whole thing just stand out in greater relief as the real deal. Buddy could rock out, but it was still blues, and his use of dynamics was incredible. (I agree about his voice, the falsetto, the gospel tinges, and the old skool 'Muddy style' - I'm the Man voices were different facets of what he could bring to the table).

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing