BMW i8

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
It does look pretty freaking cool.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Sure beats Tesla in looks to me...but how about the price$?

I have heard $136K but when it reaches maerket and there are but a few there will be significant dealer markup

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I have heard $136K but when it reaches market and there are but a few there will be significant dealer markup

After the nightmare with my last BMW I swore I would never own another however this one looks very 21st century and it would be in my top few to consider if I were in the market for a car

Eli08

Jul 19, 2012
It's about time BMW comes out with something interesting. Their current line in my opinion is about as outdated or unappealing as it has ever been. Although same thing I fell can be said about Mercedes and Audi...

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
Too bad it's electric only.

I bet they would sell a lot/have even greater demand for them if they were gasoline.

The body is gorgeous.

FrantzM

Apr 20, 2010
Electric tide is rising and will not stop.. This i8 is drop dead gorgeous, although I like the Tesla price point and concept .. Wouldn't mind both...

Now BMW may have to brace itself for lawsuits by Apple about naming a product "i"anything. :D

Last edited:

Eli08

Jul 19, 2012
It is hybrid. I think it can run gas, electric or both.

0-62 in 4,5s which are good numbers for only 330hp or so. i guess it is very lightweighted.

Not sure how I feel about sport cars being electric. Half the fun is listening to (and feeling) the V8s or even better V12s.

I think it would make much more sense to come out with a lux sedan, where quietness is a plus. But you have weight to deal with and autonomy.

Hey we could maybe use our power conditioners to get better electricity into the engine. Faster and better sounding acelerations!

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Gorgeous car indeed. Not fond of the name though....kinda "apple-ish". They should have called it an e8 for electric. Better yet, since it's a hybrid they could call it a 8eh (well, in Canada anyway). LOL!

Shaffer

Nov 2, 2012
NYS
Very handsome machine. Kinda Aventador-ish in its angularity, and totally striking.

This being said, I'm trying to picture myself walking up to this thing in a supermarket parking lot, or even sitting in traffic, and just can't do it.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing