Blind Listening Comparison

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
As a former scientist, I agree.

[...]

The “funny” thing about double-blind testing is that it, too, is subjective.

Exactly. That's why, as a scientist, I recoil at attempts to call it "scientific". Especially since audio blind testing (double or not) is merely about perceptions, not about measurable physical effects like in pharmaceuticals. Sure the effects there can also be influenced by psychological perceptions (placebo effect), but they are still objectively, physically measurable in an aggregate of test subjects.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
I agree Not only subjective but preference also. The problem is that when you want to apply the results of your test to the general public you must follow the rules. it is that simple./

wil

Jul 22, 2015
Right, And no one on this thread is trying to apply their experience or practice of lblind testing to the general public, So the point continues to be moot.

Reactions: Gregadd

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing