Best Integrated Amps

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
..as for you DAC options...
If you are going to settle for the Boulder amplification, I would consider Lampizator, Boulder or maybe Wavelength, right balance of detail and musicality IMHO.

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
Hi! Sorry for disappearing for so long, I had a work related project that got in the way. Thank you all for your wonderful advice and help. I should probably let you know more about how we got to this point and why i am making this decision (it has more to do than just my family). I was offered a chance to upgrade my Naim system and for the cost of the upgrade I decided that I would really examine my options and make a decision that can last me several years. I never thought about the potential of an integrated amp as I thought I have moved beyond that. One of my favorite combo I had heard was an ARC Ref 40 with a Boulder 1060 power amp into wilson speakers. They were great. I also liked the Boulder 1010 and the Boulder 1060 Combo. So I decided it was time to reach out to the dealers that I know, including my long time dealer. The overwhelming feedback I received was that I should seriously consider an integrated amplifier, both at the entry price of the 865 all the way to the D'agostino. The recommendations seems to be that unless i am committed to the 2100 series in boulder the 865 is the best bargain in the range. Sure the 1000 series is better than the 865 but on similar speakers and with the same source sounded very very good and to be fair was very similar. If I were to add a phono stage, then I am not sure its as good of a deal, but oh well. I really liked the D'agostino and its still on the list along with with the 865. I had never even heard of Dartzeel before this thread so I am going to find a dealer I can hear it. I also want to head the Vitus and then I can report back. My source is primarily digital and its the Naim NDX fed to the Naim Dac, powered but the Naim 555 PS. I am considering trading it in for either the ARC Reference Dac or a DCS Rossini. Do you have any thoughts?

Thanks so much for your help!

Since you require phono, its really hard to beat the DarTZeel CTH-8550. I personally prefer Dart to Boulder which is a little cool for my taste.

I would hold off on DACs until after your amplification decision is made.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing