Banned for life....what's your story?

i've never participated in forums on politics or religion, only once or twice on sports. those things start out so polarized that it's too much like real life. same with what i read; i read to escape, to get away. audio is like that too. when it gets too real i do something else. i get my fill of reality every day, and don't need to find more of it.

I have been escaping reality via music since 1976 when I got serious about stereo hi-fi. I agree, today's reality from a feel good perspective in general is severely lacking...economy, politics, wars, ect. I'm comforted when I'm in my music bubble. Have a happy T-day Mike.

Best,

Chris

I have been escaping reality via music since 1976 when I got serious about stereo hi-fi. I agree, today's reality from a feel good perspective in general is severely lacking...economy, politics, wars, ect. I'm comforted when I'm in my music bubble. Have a happy T-day Mike.

Best,

Chris

and the same to you Chris.

And Happy Thanksgiving to Everyone!
smile.png

I've had timeouts applied, even though they were "unjustified"..:confused:

One forum owner had my privileges modified so that I could no longer post schematics or diagrams in support of my arguments. That was a weird one. I had provided evidence in support of biwiring, and that was not consistent with the general flavor of the site. Since it was the owner, and it was a free site, that was his perogative.

There are some posters currently on other sites I would enjoy being banned for stupidity, but that's just emotion talking. Banning is a weapon best left in the holster.

Cheers, jn

I just found out (yesterday), that one site deleted 3 posts of mine! No warning, no penalty, no nothing!

Well, I don't post useless posts, so for me it is simply an indication that it is now time to leave that site and concentrate my life where it has a better meaning...

And on another site, I was mistreated, offended, exploited, molested, and degratificated (by a mod)! And unfairly so! ...But I won't let this affect my life; I just have too many good friends...
{That was a few weeks ago though; now things are more cool; but still, there is a dark cloud hovering above...}

* This ain't nothing compared to what's going on in this world right now (politics, anarchy, dictatorship, children exploitation, mass killings, and all that very bad Heavy Metal & RAP...).

I just found out (yesterday), that one site deleted 3 posts of mine! No warning, no penalty, no nothing!

Well, I don't post useless posts, so for me it is simply an indication that it is now time to leave that site and concentrate my life where it has a better meaning...

And on another site, I was mistreated, offended, exploited, molested, and degratificated (by a mod)! And unfairly so! ...But I won't let this affect my life; I just have too many good friends...
{That was a few weeks ago though; now things are more cool; but still, there is a dark cloud hovering above...}

* This ain't nothing compared to what's going on in this world right now (politics, anarchy, dictatorship, children exploitation, mass killings, and all that very bad Heavy Metal & RAP...).

Would the 2 letters of the forum be AA buy any chance? O we are not playing Whats My Line?:rolleyes:
Its like a penalty for talking, reminds me of Catholic school :confused:l

That's also happened to me as well. In my case, the moderator informed me (after I asked), that the mods did not have the tools to cut specific posts out and re-establish a tree link. Offensive posts prior to mine were culled, I was collateral damage. The mod was a nice guy, on occasion we REALLY did not see eye to eye, but I can't hold that against him.

It was a while ago, I do not know if their site tools are better or not. I don't frequent the site anymore, but not for that reason.

Cheers, jn

Wow This is a Good story now I would like to ask what Forum??:rolleyes:

Would the 2 letters of the forum be AA buy any chance? O we are not playing Whats My Line?:rolleyes:
Its like a penalty for talking, reminds me of Catholic school :confused:l

Uno, no names.

Dos, AA, what's that; Audioholics Anonymous?

* Catholics and all that Jazz are from The Shack.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing