Banana Raisin Loaf

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Before you begin get 2 vessels to combine your dry and your wet ingredients ready. Once done, pour the wet ingredients into the dry mixture and combine.

Dry Ingredients:
1 3/4 cups of unsifted all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp of Baking Soda
1 1/2 tsps of Baking Powder
3/4 tsp of Salt
3/4 cup of Sugar
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1 cup to 1 1/4 cup of Golden or Sultana Raisins

Wet Ingredients:
4 medium or 3 large bananas (mashed)
1 beaten Egg
1/4 cup of Vegetable Oil
1/2 cup of Milk
1/2 tsp of Pure Vanilla Extract

Combine and mix ingredients as stated above, and prepare a standard Loaf pan (9" long usually) coated thoroughly with butter. You can use a spray, but I personally don't. Pour mixture into the loaf pan and let settle for a minute or so.

In the meantime preheat your oven to 375 and sprinkle Brown Sugar liberally on top of the mixture. This will be your topping. Cover the whole loaf and don't be shy.

Every oven is different and on mine it usually takes an hour before I test for doneness. Maybe try 45 minutes to start on yours. It's a bit of trial and error the first time.

Once done let it REST for 30 minutes before attempting to remove it from the Loaf pan (it'll still be very, very warm). Slice it up and spread some fresh butter on it for melt in your mouth goodness!

Enjoy!

PS~ DO NOT use the Sunmaid raisins as they aren't plump and juicy enough. Don't like raisins? Try Walnut pieces, apples or all combined. Make it your own.

Also, the Bananas only need to be ripe (no green skin). I personally prefer this as overly ripened bananas will make the loaf much sweeter...almost too sweet for my liking.

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing