AXPONA 2024 Ron Reporting

Audiohertz2

Jun 8, 2023
Yes i heard the piccolo stole the show in that room , apparently the big panels may have had some incompatibility with the CAT stuff , performance was below par it was said ..!

Regards

Reactions: Ron Resnick

tony22

Nov 4, 2019

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
Has Ron made any comments back at Mike’s
comments
I’ll say this ron is a busy man and I do enjoy his commentary and videos

Last edited:

tony22

Nov 4, 2019
I’m surprised no one has yet commented on Benz-Micro finally getting a new distributor for the U.S. - and making a show presence after so many years. I was very happy to meet with Mike Fajen of Sierra Sound. They had two tables each outfitted with two arms so showing four different Benz carts. He assures me from his recent visit to Benz that Albert Lucaschek is doing well and still running things at the factory. I hope this gives Benz a new opportunity for exposure and sales here in the U.S.

Reactions: Ron Resnick

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
I’m surprised no one has yet commented on Benz-Micro finally getting a new distributor for the U.S. - and making a show presence after so many years. I was very happy to meet with Mike Fajen of Sierra Sound. They had two tables each outfitted with two arms so showing four different Benz carts. He assures me from his recent visit to Benz that Albert Lucaschek is doing well and still running things at the factory. I hope this gives Benz a new opportunity for exposure and sales here in the U.S.
They sure have useless representation here in Denmark, i tried to get a new LP-S for a whole year, finally gave up and bought a VDH Grand Cru instead, my luck i guess ! :) Could be they just could not get cartridges from Benz, i had better luck 6-7 years ago.

tony22

Nov 4, 2019
Unfortunate, although I guess I wouldn’t be too unhappy with a Grand Cru. ;) Mike seems likes he has real excitement behind getting Benz back into notice by the audio world.

Reactions: Lagonda

Florian

Jun 26, 2016
Switzerland
Yes i heard the piccolo stole the show in that room , apparently the big panels may have had some incompatibility with the CAT stuff , performance was below par it was said ..!

Regards
Odd, I guess we got lucky when we sold 3 pairs of Auditoriums LOL ....

We tend to get these feedbacks on flagship systems, I guess it's because they are less approachable for people.

Reactions: Bbock

Audiohertz2

Jun 8, 2023
Congrats on the sale , the comments maybe are from expectation bias, not from “reach” and as i admittedly repeated, my comments were mentions by those in attendance communicating with me...!

They were very impressed with the piccolo size performance ..

Regards

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Please enjoy my AXPONA 2024 Video Tour + Interviews Report!

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Members: please let me know if you like or dislike this new audio show report format!

And please "like" the video, and subscribe to the WBF YouTube channel!

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
I gotta say that I like the questions you ask and the way you ask them. Best on the net by a good margin.!

Thank you!

Reactions: 2ndLiner

Blue58

Jan 20, 2013
London, UK
Hi
Members: please let me know if you like or dislike this new audio show report format!

And please "like" the video, and subscribe to the WBF YouTube channel!
Ron,
thanks for presenting a varied and interesting summary of Axpona show rooms and interesting persona.

However, I really can’t get on with either the YouTube shorts or the vertical format that you use. Even when expanded to YouTube full screen they appear as 5x3 images, is it something I’m doing wrong?

I much prefer YouTube videos as full screen horizontal format. It’s so much easier to see on a phone or tablet

Why not record like this video?

Reactions: Steveo

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
I much prefer YouTube videos as full screen horizontal format. It’s so much easier to see on a phone or tablet

Thank you for the comment.

Unfortunately it appears that the fixed aspect ratio native to iMovie for iPhone video causes the black bars problem.

Bobvin

VIP/Donor
Jun 7, 2014
Portland
www.purewatersystems.com
Unfortunately it appears that the fixed aspect ratio native to iMovie for iPhone video causes the black bars problem.
I think you just need to record in landscape mode.

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Yes i heard the piccolo stole the show in that room

The Piccolos did have a very surprisingly big sound!
, apparently the big panels may have had some incompatibility with the CAT stuff

I did not hear an incompatibility. Much more probatively Ken Stevens not only does not hear an incompatibility, he, apparently, really likes the combination.

If I remember correctly Ken told me that he heard Clarisys Audio loudspeakers, and he liked him so much that he sought out Florian to exhibit his amplifiers with them.
, performance was below par it was said ..!

I thought the combination sounded great. But I am a panel person. I liked all of the panels I heard at AXPONA, including Clarisys, diptyque and Magnepan.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing