Audioquest fire vs Nordost tyr 2

Massimo66

Feb 7, 2022
Hi guys on the forum, I'm wondering if anyone has had experience comparing the quest Fire audio signal cables with the nordost tyr two. I spent the morning comparing them and I got a precise idea. I find the audioquests in the band extremes truly remarkable, but, I say but… the Nordosts are much more balanced. I try to explain myself better. as soon as you connect the fires it becomes more wow, but after half an hour you realize that you start to have some listening fatigue. Put the tyr 2 back and your ears will thank

Reactions: DetroitVinylRob

Argonaut

Jul 30, 2013
N/A
Hi guys on the forum, I'm wondering if anyone has had experience comparing the quest Fire audio signal cables with the nordost tyr two. I spent the morning comparing them and I got a precise idea. I find the audioquests in the band extremes truly remarkable, but, I say but… the Nordosts are much more balanced. I try to explain myself better. as soon as you connect the fires it becomes more wow, but after half an hour you realize that you start to have some listening fatigue. Put the tyr 2 back and your ears will thank
Lovely looking Maine Coone :)

mulveling

Jul 6, 2017
Can't help with the Tyr, but I had Fire RCA and XLR they indeed had a bit more of an aggressive, high adrenaline sound. Yes this could be fatiguing in some systems. The Audioquest silver cables I've had fall into aggressive or warmer category, with seemingly no rhyme or reason.

Aggressive / Fast / Detail-Oriented:
WEL Signature
Fire
Wind
Everest speaker cables

Warmer /Sweeter / More Relaxed / Musically-Oriented:
Wild Blue Yonder (v1)
Sky (v1)
Wildwood speaker cables
Kilimanjaro speaker cables

M2M

Nov 23, 2021
Never have Nordost. Only AQ and Transparent.

I have exact experience with AQ Fire and Wind connect them to digital sources. Sound aggressive and metallic, which really bother me particularly when listing to orchestra. But i noticed has other qualities; very revealing's, transits speed, life like, great dynamic range, perfect extensions. I have also Colorado but it is fine.

Interesting, when I use AQ Leopard and Wel Signature tonearm cable for my turntable (both ProJect 9.1 and VIP Signature) nothing of mentioned above exist!

My conclusion is AQ is incredible neutral, reveal the source as is, doesn't add any personality to the sound, like some other brands I tried before, which cause me great confusion.

To combat the problem for digital source, I use SR Carbon Tuning Disc, Gold on speaker cable and Purples on interconnects and power cord, and this correct the problem. I use a lot Gold on speaker cable, and cost me a lot.

Last edited:

M2M

Nov 23, 2021
With permission of original poster, I like add question, have anyone compare the new AQ Thunderbird and Firebird interconnect to Fire, and what difference found?

Interesting to know, AQ no longer offer PSS for many of their cables like in the past, but limited only to two: Firebird and Dragon.

Massimo66

Feb 7, 2022
Con il permesso del poster originale, mi piace aggiungere una domanda, qualcuno ha confrontato la nuova interconnessione AQ Thunderbird e Firebird con Fire e quale differenza ha riscontrato?

Interessante sapere che AQ non offre più PSS per molti dei suoi cavi come in passato, ma limitato solo a due: Firebird e Dragon.
Ogni nuova domanda è benvenuta. Per quanto riguarda AQ credo che nel tempo stia estremizzando in suono dimenticando la gamma media… per i cavi del braccio sono d'accordo con te AQ Wel è meraviglioso, così come i vecchi Sky che se paragonati ai fire sono molto più equilibrati

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing