Audiophilia

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
the 33rpm mono vinyl version played with my mono cartridge by Peggy Lee of 'Fever' is even better to my ears than the Elvis version on the 45.

and the redbook version of the Peggy Lee 'Fever' from the 'Capitol Outtakes' is outstanding too.

and I agree that Grellman is a very fun guy to be around......

puroagave

Member Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Which pressing of the Elvis? DCC did it.

someone that has both can comment, im partial to anything Hoffman does but i dont own the DCC. chad's 45 of elvis is back is what i have, heck the run of the mill redbook reissue from a few years ago is good too.

puroagave

Member Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
the 33rpm mono vinyl version played with my mono cartridge by Peggy Lee of 'Fever' is even better to my ears than the Elvis version on the 45.

and the redbook version of the Peggy Lee 'Fever' from the 'Capitol Outtakes' is outstanding too.

and some like mochas and others lattes...i like the peggy lee too but its different.

MrAcoustat

Jun 5, 2012
Quebec Canada
Which pressing of the Elvis? DCC did it.

For vinyl i have no clue BUT for cd this one is very good.

Elvis Love front.jpg - - - Elvis Love back.jpg - - -

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
Grillmans comments are funny to say the least. Here we go again, equating sound quality simply in dollars. I have been to numerous shows where for this old boy, systems in total value of $20K sounded much better than $100K plus systems.....thank goodness we all have preferences! While engineering has a cost, at what point does the smoothness of your granite counter top become un-noticeable to your fingers as far as polishing it to the micro degree....

Grellman did use the word "player", not audiophile. That would be the audiophile who is also into some kind of preening display. The preeners preen for each other at some level, but that would be small world that non-audiophiles would really consider odd.

I had missed the toss about comments at the end. Descended into ad homine domine rather quickly, with Fremer challenging the prison yard and getting dog piled.

Last edited:

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
reading the comments that follow it looks like Fremer had too much time on his hands that day. for somone with that much vinyl half his LP picks were 'digital' recordings :rolleyes: fwiw, i've never heard "fever" sound bad on any system and it flatters a good one.

I followed more his music picks rather than gear ones...

es347

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..
I brought the record, but it was your system that brought it to life. Your Rega table built into that custom made plinth you had commissioned not only looks great, it throws down a serious challenge to digital. We also watched some videos on Gavin's way cool home theater system which has Martin Logan speakers across the front three channels which sounded really good. I can just imagine what it would be like to watch football games with that huge screen and sound system.

Thanks for the kudos Mark. It's always fun to share music with those who truly appreciate it!

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Grillmans comments are funny to say the least. Here we go again, equating sound quality simply in dollars. I have been to numerous shows where for this old boy, systems in total value of $20K sounded much better than $100K plus systems.....thank goodness we all have preferences! While engineering has a cost, at what point does the smoothness of your granite counter top become un-noticeable to your fingers as far as polishing it to the micro degree....

Holy cow! You gotta be kidding us. Making a blanket statement like that based on hearing equipment at a show? Wow, be still my heart.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing