Are Their Problems In South Beach

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Hi

The Heat are a few players away. I am close to certain they knew they weren't gong to win this year ... They took a chance .. it may even work out well... Remember Cleveland last year does anybody really, but really think they were going to win with only Lebron? The heat know they need a center, a point guard and a modicum of bench.. They won't win regardless of who's coaching them. I think we are being unfair to Spoestra ... He may be sacked but he is NOT the reason why they aren't winning .. Put any coach you want there and the results would have been the same ... The Lakers weren't going to win without Gasol nor the Bulls without Rodman ...

Ron Party

WBF Founding Member
Apr 30, 2010
Oakland, CA
^

or Horace Grant, Bill Cartwright, Craig Hodges, et al. Now Bill Wennington? That's a mystery.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
^

or Horace Grant, Bill Cartwright, Craig Hodges, et al.

Yeah. IMO, Boston wouldn't have won the Finals in '08 without Posey, PJ Brown, Sam Cassell and Eddie House. Today, the Lakers have Odom, Brown, Blake and Barnes. Role players are vital. At least 2 are necessary. In the older days, only 1 was enough, and that was the so-called 6th man. The game has changed.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I think Phil Jackson wants to retire and just hang out in the beach. Doc Rivers maybe.

For some reasons, I always think that Phil will not retire if he sees a golden chance to win another ring. When he retired as Bulls coach, I never would have guessed he would coach again. But upon seeing the opportunity to win big again with Shaq, he came back. And I think he knows he has devised a system of winning, provided he sees the potential of the team and the players. If the Lakers win this year, I don't see either why he would move to coach the Heat. He'd probably stay in LA and go for 4.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
For some reasons, I always think that Phil will not retire if he sees a golden chance to win another ring. When he retired as Bulls coach, I never would have guessed he would coach again. But upon seeing the opportunity to win big again with Shaq, he came back. And I think he knows he has devised a system of winning, provided he sees the potential of the team and the players. If the Lakers win this year, I don't see either why he would move to coach the Heat. He'd probably stay in LA and go for 4.

I agree about the 4peat as no coach has ever done this

rblnr

May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ
Hi

The Heat are a few players away. I am close to certain they knew they weren't gong to win this year ... They took a chance .. it may even work out well... Remember Cleveland last year does anybody really, but really think they were going to win with only Lebron? The heat know they need a center, a point guard and a modicum of bench.. They won't win regardless of who's coaching them. I think we are being unfair to Spoestra ... He may be sacked but he is NOT the reason why they aren't winning .. Put any coach you want there and the results would have been the same ... The Lakers weren't going to win without Gasol nor the Bulls without Rodman ...

Absolutely agree on all counts. But I think he's likely dropped if they don't get past round 2. Particularly if they can get a name coach like Doc Rivers. More particularly if they think getting a new coach will reenergize whatever base they have and yield more season ticket sales.

Remember 'the shot' that John Paxson hit against Phoenix where three Bulls touched the ball before it ended in his hands?

rblnr

May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ
It's hard to answer that question. The Warriors have not had a low post, back to the basket threat since at least Chris Webber's rookie year. They have no big men who can guard the star big men on other teams. Their rookie Udoh may be a dark horse here but of course we wont know for at least a couple of years. They have a whole bunch of at best 6th man type players. Nellie really screwed the Warriors, drafting people like Brandon Wright, Troy Murphy, Mike Dunleavy, Ike Diagu, etc. So what you see now is that Ellis and Curry are their 2 best players. Put them on a well-balanced team and then I think we'd know what their truly capable of.

What you say makes total sense Ron.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Lakers come to town and still many empty seats at the Heat arena.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
So far, at good, tight game at the 3rd.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
If the Heat can win tonight, I think there will be no problem in South Beach. :)

Ron Party

WBF Founding Member
Apr 30, 2010
Oakland, CA
Absoluely terrible, matador defense, stupid fouls, and complete failure to block out on the weak side, not to mention his prayer of a lay up attempt.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Problem is a bit solved, for now. They stopped the losing streak. :)

Interesting sight. Riley and Magic seated side by side.

Even more interesting. The empty seats suddenly got filled near the end of the game. Were they buying popcorns all that time? LOL

FrantzM

Apr 20, 2010
Absoluely terrible, matador defense, stupid fouls, and complete failure to block out on the weak side, not to mention his prayer of a lay up attempt.

Was at the game .. Defense was pathetic... They could have put a lighted path for D-Wade toward the basket, especially at the end ..

Must however say in all fairness that D-Wade got the best of Kobe defensively and offensively .. The last minute steal was a good piece of work especially that Wade had to reach across Kobe's body then late in the game .. then on a good pick from Dampier, he got past Kobe ... The Lakers have been suspect for a very long time to the pick and roll .. Last time Boston bet them in the finals it was basically on pick and roll plays ...

Yes the Heat looked good but I still have my doubts about them ...

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing