Any requests for CES 2016? (Now Answers from Show)

Thanks guys. I will go at the rate I am going. Once done I may be able to merge them all into one thread too.

Make sure you don't start too many threads on the digital gear else you might have too many to close

Last edited:
Amir,
Anything from Spectral or Meitner that caught your eye? Meitner has a new transport and DAC. And the new Spectral DMC 30 "Super Veloce" preamp seems to have a few people jumping off of cliffs. Are either at the show?
Marty

+1 for Spectral gears.
No exhibitor uses Spectral? this is really unbelievable!!!!!
none with Totaldac?
Amirm, thank you for your appreciated effort.

+1 for Spectral gears.
No exhibitor uses Spectral? this is really unbelievable!!!!!
none with Totaldac?
Amirm, thank you for your appreciated effort.
You are very welcome. Let me go through all of my pictures before we declare that they were not there.

What caught your interest beyond the Audio gear?

What caught your interest beyond the Audio gear?
A lot was incremental. Displays with wide gamut and HDR were quite nice. Again incremental but nice.

The whole "IOT" thing (Internet Of Things) was everywhere. Many vendors had dedicated large space to a category that is novelty right now. Putting a network interface and computer in little devices is easy. Making them useful is not. But it is the Internet of our era and seemingly no one can resist having a foot in this domain lest they fall behind.

Self-driving car and car technology in general is in full swing.

The Intel Drone with visual identification of depth was quite cool and I expect continued improvement in safety and ease of piloting.

On home theater front it is all about 3-D audio and likes of Dolby Atmos.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing