Anaconda CX and King Cobra CX - which current models destroy them? which comparable?

caesar

May 30, 2010
I own a bunch of Anaconda and King Cobra CX cables. Which current models are they comparable to?

I'm assuming the Sigma series is much better.

Do Zitron alpha cables destroy them, or are they slightly better?

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
The Sigma IMO is a truly remarkable PC. Better than any of the Shunyata PCs to date. I still have several Anaconda in my system that I love as well as several Alpha. It is a remarkable experiment to go from one to the other in your system.

caesar

May 30, 2010
The Sigma IMO is a truly remarkable PC. Better than any of the Shunyata PCs to date. I still have several Anaconda in my system that I love as well as several Alpha. It is a remarkable experiment to go from one to the other in your system.

Hi Steve, are you saying the Zitron Alpha line is significantly better than the top CX cables and is a worthwhile intermediate step to the Sigma?

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Has anyone compared Tara Labs Cobalt with the Shunyatas, please post or PM, thanks.

Edit: Apologies if this is the wrong thread. By current models I though he was referring to other brands as well, but this seems like a Shunyata thread

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin
I own a bunch of Anaconda and King Cobra CX cables. Which current models are they comparable to?

I'm assuming the Sigma series is much better.

Do Zitron alpha cables destroy them, or are they slightly better?

Well first I had a whole loom of Anaconda CX's, then went to the King Cobra CX's...they were better.

Then tried 1 Anaconda Zitron, better again...quicker and more even...so went to a full loom here.

I have one Sigma HC now...and damn if they didn't do it again...it's just a better cord...it wasn't subtle.

So you know where this story will end soon...

Steve Williams

Well first I had a whole loom of Anaconda CX's, then went to the King Cobra CX's...they were better.

Then tried 1 Anaconda Zitron, better again...quicker and more even...so went to a full loom here.

I have one Sigma HC now...and damn if they didn't do it again...it's just a better cord...it wasn't subtle.

So you know where this story will end soon...

once one drinks the Shunyata Kool Aid there is no turning back.IMO the Sigma is in a league of its own

marty

Apr 20, 2010
United States
+1

I must admit, I am still curious about other DACs. I am still curious about other speakers. I am still curious about many other major and minor things audio. But I am not curious about other power cables/conditioners at all. Shunyata products have that effect.

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass
Funny, I have tried replacing my Shunyata Alpha HCs with Kubala Sosna Emotions and Viero Level 3s and both worked better in my system.

Yesterday I replaced an Alpha Analog with a Viero and it was better too. I find the Shunyata thin out the sound - which may be welcomed in a tube system, but with my solid state system I preferred the meat-on-the-bones that other cables bring to the table.

BlueFox

Member Sponsor
Nov 8, 2013
+1

I must admit, I am still curious about other DACs. I am still curious about other speakers. I am still curious about many other major and minor things audio. But I am not curious about other power cables/conditioners at all. Shunyata products have that effect.

LOL. Well said. It allows one to focus their limited audio funds in the most productive areas. Once you get the power foundation in place then you can go crazy in other areas and know that anything else will be operating at, or very close to, max potential, at least in regard to power.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
If there is anyone who has a spare cable to post to London for a couple of weeks, a Shunyata Anaconda Alpha level, will be most grateful. Will pay for postage and beer. I want to compare one with Tara Labs Cobalt. Unfortunately UK it is almost impossible to source

Steve Williams

If there is anyone who has a spare cable to post to London for a couple of weeks, a Shunyata Anaconda Alpha level, will be most grateful. Will pay for postage and beer. I want to compare one with Tara Labs Cobalt. Unfortunately UK it is almost impossible to source

There is an Anaconda series and an Alpha Series but not an Anaconda Alpha

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London

Which is higher? - The main problem with Shunyata and Synergistic Research models is that too many new models keep coming out leading to depreciation of the previous model

Steve Williams

Which is higher? - The main problem with Shunyata and Synergistic Research models is that too many new models keep coming out leading to depreciation of the previous model

I don't agree

As far as which is higher the Alpha is newer than Anaconda but i still have 3 Anaconda umbilicals in my system for each Typhon even though the Alpha HC comes with the Typhon. For my ears I preferred the Anaconda there but used the Alpha digital until I recently upgraded my entire system to Shunyata Sigma except for a pair of Alpha HC's for my subs

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK

Shunyata cables are obviously highly regarded in the States but are barely on the horizon here in the UK and that may well be the case in other countries. It would help those of us not in the USA to get a handle on these Shunyata threads if we knew the line up and prices. Maybe Caelin Gabriel could enlighten us with that information, hopefully without infringing any rules or understandings about using the forum for advertising purposes, because without that information its all a bit of a mystery.

BlueFox

Member Sponsor
Nov 8, 2013

If I remember my history, I think the Anaconda we are talking about is part of the Zitron series, if that is a valid name. The Z Anaconda was the TOL of the three; Cobra, Python, and Anaconda. At this point, Shunyata was not talking much about filtering of CCI noise, but noise from the AC and DTCD performance. Later they tweaked the Zitron circuit for CCI performance, and the Alpha Digital was born.

Anyway, I can't really see replacing my three Z Anacondas on my Triton/Cyclops at this time.

CGabriel

Industry Expert
Oct 31, 2013
WA, USA
www.shunyata.com
Maybe Caelin Gabriel could enlighten us with that information, hopefully without infringing any rules or understandings about using the forum for advertising purposes, because without that information its all a bit of a mystery.

We have been making high-end cables since 1999. We are quite well known in most countries. The UK is not one that we have previously distributed products to for a variety of reasons. We have been working on a high-end UK mains plug for about 2 years that is nearing completion which will allow us to produce the full line up of Shunyata power cords to the UK market. The distributor in the UK is John Carroll. He does not have UK PCs yet but will in just a few months. Write to him and ask to be put a notification list.

The chart below may help. Power cables are listed in order of descending price and performance. Prices will vary significantly due to currency exchange rates, VAT, customs fees, taxes and shipping costs so you will need to check with your country's authorized distributor. You can check our website under Contact to get a list of ourworldwide distributors.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing