An Open Letter to Audio Manufacturers -- Please stop listening room light pollution!

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Actually this doesn't work for most adhesives (except by friction).

-----You'd be surprised; have you ever tried? ...And of course you've got to rub a little.

* I got rid of the most persistent and sticky glues with isopropyl alcohol (99% solution).
Use a cotton piece of cloth, and put some on it, then rub; if the surface is glass or metal, it'll come out no sweat.
...Only with plastic materials (surfaces) that you have to be careful.

Mark, just rub a little more that's all (apply more pressure). ...I know exactly your situation as I had the same in the past, and I fixed it the way I described it previously. It goddamn works or I wouldn't be posting it in the first place! :b

Fast/Forward

Aug 21, 2011
Mississauga, On
The only blue LED in my audio system is the little one on a Mac mini. Tastefully discreet. The panel on my line stage can be dimmed or turned off (which is how I prefer it) but the bright green LED on it's power supply is almost enough to read by.
One thing though, the eye is most sensitive to red not blue. That's why we have red stop signs, red automobile tail/brake lights, red warning signs, red exit signs, red high heels/stilettos and red lingerie! ;-)

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
---* Red is a 'violent' color (blood, bull, etc.), and it can be distracting and causing accidents!
* Green is a 'nature' color, expressing peace, but on a flat panel screen, green pixels are the most annoying!
* Blue is a 'sky' color, and is less irritating than green or red; but on electronics it is an epidemic, a drug addiction, a sale's attraction! ...An eyesore and money grabber!

* Yellow and Orange are just 'fruit' colors, and only Sharp Aquos is using yellow pixels!
Yamaha & Pioneer are the orange (amber) pioneers, the masters of 'differences'.

-----:D

mbskeam

Sep 28, 2012
some place in seattle area
I guess I'll be the odd man out,......

I kinda like the blue.
at low levels it looks good on meters, at least to me....
but I do think the small indicator led's are a bit bright on some things.

how about ultraviolet?....:)

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
---...Purple? :b

My Quicksilver V4 amps were the later version that came with the ta-ta bar purple LED. I wasn't real wild about the color.

mbskeam

Sep 28, 2012
some place in seattle area
like this.....

maybe a bit bright, but what the hey...;)

AMP

Feb 27, 2011
An update....

Received the LightDims today and I think my problem is solved! I used the standard strength films on the preamp and phono stage displays and the result is just about perfect. I bought the silver films, which are supposed to block 80% - 90%, for the motor controller and was surprised that I had to double them up in order to reduce the light level to an acceptable level. I still can't believe how bright the LEDs on that thing are.

If you're having a similar problem then I can't recommend this product enough.

arnies

May 10, 2010
Austin, TX
An update....

Received the LightDims today and I think my problem is solved! I used the standard strength films on the preamp and phono stage displays and the result is just about perfect. I bought the silver films, which are supposed to block 80% - 90%, for the motor controller and was surprised that I had to double them up in order to reduce the light level to an acceptable level. I still can't believe how bright the LEDs on that thing are.

If you're having a similar problem then I can't recommend this product enough.

Hi AMP,

I received my LightDims today as well and also used the standard strength films - and I agree - they do the trick and work as advertised!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing