amazing video about Listening, in a very special heartfelt way.

this video was done by our WBF Member, Cinematographer Chris Bell, a local audio friend. it's about Bob Lichtenberg, who is deaf.

sponsored by Stereophile, in the memory of Art Dudley.

Inspirational... just wonderful.

mike

that is a truly wonderful video. i saw it with my musician wife last night and she was really intrigued and wondering if he heard pitch as well as rhythm.

i remember going to a few dead shows (on the east coast) where i saw groups of hearing-impaired people holding balloons over their heads.
i believe the band had an area set up specially for them (so the balloons wouldn't block the views of those behind them) and
i recall the folks with the balloons having every bit as good a time as i was.

on a similar note, you might be interested in the following video which touches on some of the same ideas of experiencing sound via alternate sensory inputs. i saw eagleman give an earlier version of this lecture at Bell Labs a few years ago and i came out of that auditorium as excited as i think i have ever been after attending a talk/lecture.

maybe your friend Chris could pass this on to Bob? when i saw him speak, eagleman was talking about having these ready in the near future for sale to the public, but i don't know the current status.

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing