Alexandria X-2 Series 2 Delivery and Install

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
No subs Steve.
we need to have a talk :) then

With your room size a pair of JL Audio F112's or F113's would take you to the next step. IMO a pair of or even a single Gotham would be too much

rbbert

Dec 12, 2010
Reno, NV
$60K delivered and installed plus I got a $10K trade on my Watt/Puppies ($50k net)...smokin' deal, imo.

Sure sounds like it. Congratulations! I remember when you first posted pics of your system at the SH Forums I thought your W/P's were the weak link.

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
Congrats Christian... you'll have to listen to everything all over again to get your reference back!

Ki Choi

Member Sponsor
May 13, 2010
Seattle WA area
used, factory certified with 5 year wilson warranty. They are indistinguishable from new including the paint.

Yes, you did have a screaming deal. At that price, I could have had them instead of my MBLs ! But I'll bet my MBL wood crates are prettier than your Wilson creates with precision hand sanded pieces and with built-in tilt meter on each crate! ;)

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Congrats! They are stunning! But the truly stunning part is in the listening! What a great move! And an incredibly good deal. Enjoy!!!

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
I already hate you Christian! :)

Jokes aside... Congratulations on your new speakers, they look and surely sound great!

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
Christian

I am actually quite interested in your observations re nearfield listening with the X-2

It's like the confines of the room are the soundstage. It gives you a real sense of great close to stage seating. You really feel the low frequency sound pressure. I will share more impressions as my listening eperience grows. My jaw drops and my mouth dry's every time I listen. Thank goodness for tasty beverages...;)

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
Christian, I'm happy for ya'. Congratulations ten fold!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing