Aesthetix Io Users Group

Thanks a lot. I am actually going for a weekend in copenhagen next week...but so far, my Io is performing well.

Reactions: Lagonda
I like tubes but I can get a bit of audio worry. Like, I put my system on, but it takes some hours before I actually listen. By that time it sounds great but I have wasted some tube hours also. Maybe some of you recognize this pattern. Especially with costly NOS.

I like tubes but I can get a bit of audio worry. Like, I put my system on, but it takes some hours before I actually listen. By that time it sounds great but I have wasted some tube hours also. Maybe some of you recognize this pattern. Especially with costly NOS.
I switch on everything, including leaving the TT running at least 1 hour before playing.

Thats right--- but then there is "this and that" in my home office, including, I must admit, very good sound in my low cost office system (with single driver speakers)...

I play my recordings of LPs, made on the Tascam DSD recorder.

These, also, play well on my small pinpoint type office system. The recordings are made from my main rig, using the Io as phono stage.

The benefits are clearly heard in the office system, even if I am only playing back the digital recording, without the Io in the active playback chain.

I tried a "torture test" right now. Vanilla Fudge, early albums. Huge dynamic variation, some recording overload. A known problem case. But yes, the Io recordings from vinyl sound better than what I hear from streaming.

I just switched out my Io for a short stint of SS phono stage use. I have an Ayre P5xe as a previous stage. I find with juggling family and work it has been difficult to find time for the Io turn on, warm up ritual. With the Ayre its always ready to go. Not sure how long the experiment will last.

I just checked with Mannfred Mann, Lone arranger, the first two tracks. Qobuz vs my recordings with the Io. In my office system. The Io wins hands down. I was surprised because sometimes the stream is nearly as good. Not this time. But then again Mann is a arranger and production expert.

Listening some more, to my DSD recordings, comparing to streaming (Qobuz), i dont doubt the superiority of my recordings - to my ears. Maybe your ears too. Allthough streaming has developed the best vinyl sound is still ahead. My point is, if you have a good phono stage working - record your best albums.

Wow ! I am in love again. It's like hooking up with an old girlfriend or ex wife, familiar but also new and exciting :) We have been at it 9 hours today, the Io and i. I can't remember the last time i wanted to do it that long ! She handles everything i can trow at her with dignity, grace and agility and still sounds sexy and commanding. Leonard Cohen, The Dubliners, Sparks, ZZ Top, Earl Scruggs, The Notting Hillbillies, Springsteen and Emmylou sweet Emmylou Harris, that voice just draws me in like a Siren. Playing balanced out without preamp today, a little less drive in the bass, but quite a bit more transparency, tons of details, layering of bass and drum lines without losing the intonation of voices and tone of instruments. Lets see how long she can go before disappointing me and breaking down again !:rolleyes:

Wow ! I am in love again. It's like hooking up with an old girlfriend or ex wife, familiar but also new and exciting :) We have been at it 9 hours today, the Io and i. I can't remember the last time i wanted to do it that long ! She handles everything i can trow at her with dignity, grace and agility and still sounds sexy and commanding. Leonard Cohen, The Dubliners, Sparks, ZZ Top, Earl Scruggs, The Notting Hillbillies, Springsteen and Emmylou sweet Emmylou Harris, that voice just draws me in like a Siren. Playing balanced out without preamp today, a little less drive in the bass, but quite a bit more transparency, tons of details, layering of bass and drum lines without losing the intonation of voices and tone of instruments. Let’s see how long she can go before disappointing me and breaking down again !:rolleyes:
Gotta love love… hope this is a lasting stint Milan, it’s bad when they tease you.

• Haha
Wow ! I am in love again. It's like hooking up with an old girlfriend or ex wife, familiar but also new and exciting :) We have been at it 9 hours today, the Io and i. I can't remember the last time i wanted to do it that long ! She handles everything i can trow at her with dignity, grace and agility and still sounds sexy and commanding. Leonard Cohen, The Dubliners, Sparks, ZZ Top, Earl Scruggs, The Notting Hillbillies, Springsteen and Emmylou sweet Emmylou Harris, that voice just draws me in like a Siren. Playing balanced out without preamp today, a little less drive in the bass, but quite a bit more transparency, tons of details, layering of bass and drum lines without losing the intonation of voices and tone of instruments. Lets see how long she can go before disappointing me and breaking down again !:rolleyes:

It sound like you had a ‘ Particular ‘ dream last night Milan , might I suggest that you abstain from the Stilton and Port just before retiring to bed ;0}

Last edited:
  • Haha
To me, 'she' is new every day. When we listen, there is the old familiar sound, but something new also happens. When the music shines through. The Io and the whole system shape-shifting to reproduce a different kind of recording, music, and message. On the best days. So it is not like an ex, for me.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing