Add Subwoofers to Wilson Sasha DAWs?

skinnyfla

Nov 1, 2023
Germany
Hi, thinking to maybe add subs to my Wilsons… anyone have experience? One or is it always necessarily two? Thinking somewhere along Wilsons own Loke or maye Rel or Perlisten? Thanks for sharing experience/advice… cheers, Christoph

ecwl

Mar 20, 2021
Winnipeg, Canada
A friend just bought two JL Audio Fathom F112v2 to pair with his Sasha DAW.
He has it in a Lyngdorf home theatre system so he prefers to set the crossover at 40Hz so he’s almost bypassing the Sasha DAW’s low port bass and letting the sealed JL audio low bass kick in at 20-40Hz instead. He says he loves the sound. I haven’t listened because he has tons of cats and I’m quite allergic. He thinks stereo music sounds amazing with this setup.

dbeau

Apr 20, 2018
OKC,USA
Hi, thinking to maybe add subs to my Wilsons… anyone have experience? One or is it always necessarily two? Thinking somewhere along Wilsons own Loke or maye Rel or Perlisten? Thanks for sharing experience/advice… cheers, Christoph
I have been using REL 25s (pair) with Wilson Grand Slamm for about 2 years now.
When you get the settings/placement optimized it adds a lot - I wouldn't be without them.

Reactions: gadawg58

exupgh12

Jul 30, 2019
A friend previously owned the Sash DAW speakers, which were later upgraded to Zellaton Plural Evo, paired with a Perlisten D212 subwoofer. Using Trinnov to integrate these components, he achieved excellent results, particularly with the Sasha DAW speakers.

gadawg58

Apr 7, 2018
Using a pair of Rel 25's with my Wilson Alexx's and the work together wonderfully.

George

Kal Rubinson

May 4, 2010
NYC
www.stereophile.com
A friend just bought two JL Audio Fathom F112v2 to pair with his Sasha DAW.
He has it in a Lyngdorf home theatre system so he prefers to set the crossover at 40Hz so he’s almost bypassing the Sasha DAW’s low port bass and letting the sealed JL audio low bass kick in at 20-40Hz instead.
Interesting. When I was settting up the CR-1 Active Subwoofer Crossover with multiple subs, JL recommended that I set the crossover above the range of port output. They based this on the premise that the resonant port was the least controlled range of the main speaker. Letting the sealed subs take over that job would result in better, cleaner bass and a substantial increase in power handling for the main speakers. I was skeptical about crossing over my Revel Studio 2s at >100Hz but the results were amazing.

Reactions: sigbergaudio

Dishman442

Mar 14, 2024
Oklahoma US
I have been using REL 25s (pair) with Wilson Grand Slamm for about 2 years now.
When you get the settings/placement optimized it adds a lot - I wouldn't be without them.
I believe you completely but am still amazed that with the range and dynamics offered by the Grand Slamm, a pair of subs can still make a difference.

dbeau

Apr 20, 2018
OKC,USA
@Dishman442 They, RELs, do as far as my, and wife's, listening preferences and music sources (internet classical mostly).
They seem to 'open' the stage allowing more involvement for lack of better descriptives. Cross overs currently set to 28.
I am fortunate to have a relatively large open living/listening room that must affect the speakers' impact and my positioning
is definitely a compromise with 'living usage' by us, i.e. having a 'set up' guru visit would undoubtedly improve the sound but
likewise we'd probably push everything back to 'normal' soon after he left :rolleyes:.
BTW: I am also in OK, South OKC/Norman border. Reach out via pm if you'd like.

Another Johnson

VIP/Donor
Jan 13, 2022
Music City, USA aka Nashville
I asked Bill Peugh about subs for my DAWs at a social event about a year ago. He said that one sub would be OK in an HT application, but for high end two channel, two subs was his preference. We talked about various models, starting with the Loke. By the time you’ve bought a pair of Lokes, you might have just as well gone for the Alexias.

It depends on the room, the system, and the music so YMMV. But in my room, with my system, and my music, there is plenty of well defined bass. The DAWs can get pretty low if the room can support the music. Some speakers really do need them. I have had subs from the Martin Logan Masterpiece line, as well as from Revel Performa3, and they helped in those systems. But I’m not motivated to try subs with the DAWs.

itay123

Mar 5, 2023
Beyond the listening environment,
1. the placement of the speakers is critical Especially when it comes to the lower range,
2. the quality of amplification
3. adjustment to the speaker and integration of the speakers position.

I wouldn't rush to add subwoofer/s, and external EQ for adjustments, Before all that is specified, plays correctly.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing