Absolare Integrated

butler

Mar 26, 2013
Excellent JP, that combo looks very attractive together, quite stealthy. Even though I've always been a silver finish guy, will need to decide what I would be comfortable with realizing that silver, especially for the metal-work, is not possible.

Thanks again
Butler

GuillaumeB

VIP/Donor
Mar 10, 2014
UK
www.boyeraudio.com
Hi Butler.
I have used the Absolare integrated for a few months now and it handles all I can throw at it with ease. It a very powerful amplifier, but with a lot of finesse. I do not listen to hard rock, but big classical works and electronic music is a joy to listen to. Blues as well of course. Do not be fooled by its rated output power, it has muscles in spades.

The pre is a line stage only.

JP

I agree with JP, it will play anything you throw at it. It is very transparent as an amplifier and supremely powerful and fast.

I don't play a lot of rock but enjoy Steven Wilson occasionally, guitars sound great and kick drums have plenty of impact.

My impressions from a few weeks of ownership is that it's a perfect all-rounder, in fact I don't think there are too many compromises other than what I have already described.

Guillaume

butler

Mar 26, 2013
Thanks for your input Guillaume, you and JP are making it hard to resist going in this direction rather than separates. Heck, I even showed the Absolare pic to 2 of my lady friends, who usually have no reaction at all to this sort of thing, and they both loved it......so I assume excellent WAF as well
Butler

GuillaumeB

VIP/Donor
Mar 10, 2014
UK
www.boyeraudio.com
Thanks for your input Guillaume, you and JP are making it hard to resist going in this direction rather than separates. Heck, I even showed the Absolare pic to 2 of my lady friends, who usually have no reaction at all to this sort of thing, and they both loved it......so I assume excellent WAF as well
Butler

It looks even better on its dedicated stand - see my earlier pics! :D

What source are you planning to run with this? And speakers?

Guillaume

jep123

VIP/Donor
Dec 23, 2012
Norway
Butler

No need for separates :). That also saves you money on cables, although you will of course need very good cables with the Absolare. I am going to try Echole, the sister company from Absolare. I have only good things to say about the Audience I am now using but the Echole is supposed to be very good.

I am also very curious about the speakers and source you are planning to use.

JP

butler

Mar 26, 2013
It looks even better on its dedicated stand - see my earlier pics! :D

What source are you planning to run with this? And speakers?

Guillaume

Guillaume & JP,

After retiring a while back I decided it would be the `responsible’ thing to do some equipment downsizing with the move to a more fixed income……well, that ended up being a dumb move (me being an crazed audiophile and all), so now going the other way to a degree though still need to be careful with $$.

My system is rather modest compared to most here: the Absolare would be the biggest $$ item and would replace a Rowland amp & EAR tube pre feeding Janszen hybrid electrostatic speakers which are still some of the best I have heard for anything south of 20k in my smallish medium size room. Sources are all digital, either a Sim Moon transport feeding a Berkeley DAC or a Sony HAP-Z1ES server, which amazingly performs almost as well as the transport/DAC combo. Cables are a bit of a hodgepodge, mostly Nordost and a company called Snake River Audio who make an interesting copper/silver/gold blend, but this is probably an area that will need some work. Those Echole cables would be great, no doubt, since the amp and PC are wired with such, but they may be a bit out of my price range. Will need to try others with the amp to determine the best fit musically and within budget, but the need for fewer cables will definitely help. Any other suggestions would be welcome!!

Oh, also want to get back into vinyl so looking at turntables as well.

By the way Guillaume, that stand with the amp is a gorgeous combo, must be awesome in the flesh…..

Thanks guys,
Butler

jep123

VIP/Donor
Dec 23, 2012
Norway
Guillaume & JP,

After retiring a while back I decided it would be the `responsible’ thing to do some equipment downsizing with the move to a more fixed income……well, that ended up being a dumb move (me being an crazed audiophile and all), so now going the other way to a degree though still need to be careful with $$.

My system is rather modest compared to most here: the Absolare would be the biggest $$ item and would replace a Rowland amp & EAR tube pre feeding Janszen hybrid electrostatic speakers which are still some of the best I have heard for anything south of 20k in my smallish medium size room. Sources are all digital, either a Sim Moon transport feeding a Berkeley DAC or a Sony HAP-Z1ES server, which amazingly performs almost as well as the transport/DAC combo. Cables are a bit of a hodgepodge, mostly Nordost and a company called Snake River Audio who make an interesting copper/silver/gold blend, but this is probably an area that will need some work. Those Echole cables would be great, no doubt, since the amp and PC are wired with such, but they may be a bit out of my price range. Will need to try others with the amp to determine the best fit musically and within budget, but the need for fewer cables will definitely help. Any other suggestions would be welcome!!

Oh, also want to get back into vinyl so looking at turntables as well.

By the way Guillaume, that stand with the amp is a gorgeous combo, must be awesome in the flesh…..

Thanks guys,
Butler

You have an excellent system and you will enjoy the Absolare. Good luck!

NOA

Sep 1, 2016
Munich
My Absolare integrated is playing since two days now.
Totaldac twelve and this amp is a stunning combo indeed.

NOA

Sep 1, 2016
Munich
Congrats! I can only imagine a marriage made in heaven! :)

Guillaume

Thanks. Yes it is!
:)

The 3D picture, harmonics, tone and textures, everything is so realistic, almost scary...
The "rest" is dead neutral, as transparent as I've ever heard it at any system and any show, full scale, quick AND silky. And this amp can play loud as well if asked, I mean really loud! And it always sounds relaxed, never processed or stressed, even - and that may say it best: it sounds not amplified, just real.

It's amazing.

Cheers
NOA

Fohlenfan

Aug 28, 2016
Thanks. Yes it is!
:)

The 3D picture, harmonics, tone and textures, everything is so realistic, almost scary...
The "rest" is dead neutral, as transparent as I've ever heard it at any system and any show, full scale, quick AND silky. And this amp can play loud as well if asked, I mean really loud! And it always sounds relaxed, never processed or stressed, even - and that may say it best: it sounds not amplified, just real.

It's amazing.

Cheers
NOA

Thrilling News! This sounds so exciting! Can't wait to hear it by myself. Do you hear a kind of Tube like Sound?

NOA

Sep 1, 2016
Munich
Thrilling News! This sounds so exciting! Can't wait to hear it by myself. Do you hear a kind of Tube like Sound?

In comparison to SS and class D amps: yes. The last rest of edginess is gone, kind of transformed to silk. Harmonic structure is much better as well.

In comparison to pure tube amplification: I don't have much experience only what I've heard at shows. From what I can remember there have been setups that sounded more tubey (warm) than this hybrid. But it has a lot of control and (bass) grip, something that pure tubes might not have.

It's true that this amp combines best of both worlds so to speak. I don't know anything that plays in this direction (what doesn't mean that it cannot exist of course). However, any amp has some kind of sonic footprint. This hybrid has a footprint as well: as neutral as I've ever heard it with any kind of music, and the ability to combine sonic characteristics that normally are contradictory in amplification.

It is even more transparent and more 3D and at least as quick as my Spectral monoblocs which are famous for these points, not to forget even more tonal colors. It's just better in every aspect.

Fohlenfan

Aug 28, 2016
In comparison to SS and class D amps: yes. The last rest of edginess is gone, kind of transformed to silk. Harmonic structure is much better as well.

In comparison to pure tube amplification: I don't have much experience only what I've heard at shows. From what I can remember there have been setups that sounded more tubey (warm) than this hybrid. But it has a lot of control and (bass) grip, something that pure tubes might not have.

It's true that this amp combines best of both worlds so to speak. I don't know anything that plays in this direction (what doesn't mean that it cannot exist of course). However, any amp has some kind of sonic footprint. This hybrid has a footprint as well: as neutral as I've ever heard it with any kind of music, and the ability to combine sonic characteristics that normally are contradictory in amplification.

It is even more transparent and more 3D and at least as quick as my Spectral monoblocs which are famous for these points, not to forget even more tonal colors. It's just better in every aspect.

This is absolut faboulos news. Thank's for sharing your thoughts about this amazing amp. As I'm familar with the sound of Spectral amps, this means a lot. Maybe in Combination with a tube build in source like my Lampizator or my NAF Phono Stage this could really work well and I'm really excited about all this. Let us keep informed about the things going on the next weeks, if the amp is going to be burned in. Many Greetings temporary from Glasgow...
You never walk alone ;-)

NOA

Sep 1, 2016
Munich
Let me add that this amp leads me to longer listening sessions.
Besides trying to describe the sound with the usual parameters (what I've done already) the presentation is very emotional what leads to the most important thing while listening to music - joy!

Cheers
NOA

Fohlenfan

Aug 28, 2016
Let me add that this amp leads me to longer listening sessions.
Besides trying to describe the sound with the usual parameters (what I've done already) the presentation is very emotional what leads to the most important thing while listening to music - joy!

Cheers
NOA

That's exactly what this hobby should be about! Emotions!!! Looking forward to audition this by myself. One week to go ??.
After that I will audition the Kondo Overture PM2. I'm very excited which one will drive me to tears.
Cheers

butler

Mar 26, 2013
Well, I’m in the process of ordering this amp but having a hell of time deciding on the leather finish and stitch color…..these seemingly simple choices are actually driving me nuts to the point of distraction rather than enjoying what should be a fun activity!! Anyway, just wanted to say thanks to all of you who have helped nudge me into considering this amp via your hands-on experiences…...I look forward to those, as NOA enthused, long listening sessions of musical bliss! Hope you guys are all still as enthusiastic about it today as in your previous posts…….

GuillaumeB

VIP/Donor
Mar 10, 2014
UK
www.boyeraudio.com
Well, I’m in the process of ordering this amp but having a hell of time deciding on the leather finish and stitch color…..these seemingly simple choices are actually driving me nuts to the point of distraction rather than enjoying what should be a fun activity!! Anyway, just wanted to say thanks to all of you who have helped nudge me into considering this amp via your hands-on experiences…...I look forward to those, as NOA enthused, long listening sessions of musical bliss! Hope you guys are all still as enthusiastic about it today as in your previous posts…….

Oh yes! Which colour options are you considering?!

Guillaume

jep123

VIP/Donor
Dec 23, 2012
Norway

Indeed I am. Mine is the Signature version in black leather and red stiches. I am loving it!

JP

butler

Mar 26, 2013
Hey Guillaume & JP, I like the pics of both of yours (especially the red stripes), and have swatches here for honey, Nutella and terra.......but every time I decide, within an hour it has changed. Don't really like darkish finishes but dark brown or black is pulling on me right now., and the almond is sweet too! I'm also driving Kerem crazy with this, he is a very nice and patient guy!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing