a short shot of my system

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Fernando,
Sounds sort of familiar to these ears! I loved it and would like to hear more of these from our fellow members. We now have two examples of how tape comes across via You Tube and I would like to see how other sources fair.

Mark

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
Nice vid flez .

Avalon always music , plus i got to have a tapemachine someday.

Good idea those videos, i ve played with the idea myself , i might make one of the set and one of the fabrication of my new speakerproject for the website , at least if people like to look at cnc machining :D

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Loved it Fernando! :D, so thanks for posting. But 34 seconds? If you were a woman I'd say you were a major tease!;):p!

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Wow...that was very very cool. thanks for doing that! i assume you were playing the tape as it was rolling during your video. Extremely impressive, and i feel like i have already learned something about tape. I guestimate from this that there is both a completeness of tone, and simultaneously an ease and effortlessness of dynamics, spacing of notes which is extraordinary...compares exceedingly well vs all the CES, THE venues where people record a track and post (like on Audiogon). Wow.

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
@John72953 - sorry for the short take, actually it was a two minute take but my mail server sucks!
@lloyd & rockitman - glad you enjoyed it! The Nagra is in line for service (tension issue) I was indeed playing from the modified Technics (the EAR RtR is behind the left speaker and could not been seen from that angle)
@andromeda - please do so, it will be fun.
@joeinid - thanks, it was the RtR playing Saxophone Colosus and recorded from my humble IP4S.

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
Looks and sounds great, Fernando. Only wish that the YouTube videos could really do any justice to our systems sound quality, But I think we get the idea.:D

mep

Apr 20, 2010
Fernando-That's incredible that you took that video with your Iphone. I have the same model Iphone that you do and I took videos with my Sony Cybershot and my Iphone and the sound quality of the Iphone wasn't in the same league as the Sony.

I think if you bounce between the video you posted and the one I posted (and I haven't done that yet) that the sound quality would be very similar.

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
That could be the case Mark, I assume it is the youtube audio engine that adjust sound quality in order to have smaller files uploaded, just a guess.

Robert

Nov 10, 2010
Avalon always music

Yes, Avalon can get it right, whether the sound is big or small.

YouTube does compress the audio compared to running the iPhone video direct, but its interesting you can still get some sense of space and scale.

mep

Apr 20, 2010
I compared the audio/video between the Iphone and my Sony Cybershot camera directly over my computer and made the decision before I uploaded to youtube to go with the Sony version.

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
Yes, Avalon can get it right, whether the sound is big or small.

YouTube does compress the audio compared to running the iPhone video direct, but its interesting you can still get some sense of space and scale.

[o]

Just fantastic!

Robert

Nov 10, 2010
Very nice set up robert , unfortunately i heard the isis just once and on spectral which i am not much a fan of .

There is actually a YouTube video of the Isis with the Spectral set-up. Even in that brief, compressed video, you can appreciate that the combination provides a very detail-oriented, HiFi presentation. I like to hear everything in a recording, but not put it under the microscope. My preference is for the music to be natural and flowing, and not overly clean and upfront. I have no problem if some people prefer the latter presentation.

Peter Breuninger

[Industry Expert] Member Sponsor
Jul 20, 2010
Many of our videos have great sound, it's amazing with all the conversions. BTW, the OP should hold the camera 90 degrees from what was shot to give us all a proper view :)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing