A Cappella, How low can you go ?

Mikem53

Oct 1, 2020
Presenting the Fairfield Four, singing Roll Jordon roll. redbook CD that I’ve had for years. here is a sample, it starts out slow, then the baritone starts and
it keeps blossoming with a deep low ending. The recording is rich, airy and big, just an amazing presentation.
Anyone else ?

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Great minds think alike. I was just about to open a thread regarding favorite acapella recordings. Also a good test for your system.

Reactions: rando and Mikem53

rando

Sep 22, 2019
Great idea and great time of year for this.

Came across a *sponsored* video middle of last week that fits here perfectly.

*Experience ALPHA STREAM technology, a unique and powerful sonic processing solution for Sony EX15LP headphones to bring you the highest quality online audio.

Reactions: Mikem53

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
I burned a lot of brain cells trying to remember this. God Only Knows-Manhattan Transfer- Tonin'.

tima

Industry Expert
Mar 3, 2014
the Upper Midwest
I don't think this is a cappella but if you want to hear low check out "It Feels Like Rain" on Aaron Neville's Warm Your Heart (A&M/Classic Records RTH5354).

In the middle of the line of backup singers is Willie Green Jr. who is (?) now with the Temptations. Willie can hit notes below the bottom C on a piano - thats roughly 32Hz! Your system needs to be resolving to render his voice waaay down in the mix - but once you catch it, you'll not forget this basso profundo.

try around 3:58

Reactions: Bobvin and rando

rando

Sep 22, 2019
First track from album I posted in the Classical forum last year.

Päeval ei pea päikene (The sun shall not smite thee) (Psalm 121)

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing