70th Annual Tony Awards - "Opening Number"

marty

Apr 20, 2010
United States
Clearly one of the most entertaining things on TV his year. Corden was superb. Hamilton is a show that comes along perhaps once every 25 years or so. It really is one of the great works of art in the past 50 years. Having seen it just a few weeks ago, I was thrilled it was justly rewarded at the Tonys. Miranda is gifted, no doubt about it, but I so happy when Leslie Odom Jr won for best actor in a musical for his role as Aaron Burr in Hamilton. BTW, when I saw this You tube video a few years ago, I had no idea who the heck Miranda was. I do now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgZ4ZTTfKO8

Last edited:

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
He (Miranda) is truly a gifted individual with great emotion. He sees and feels things in ways none of us understand but thank him for being here. Watching the Tony's last night you wonder if he has ADHD ( but in a great way)

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
I recorded the Tonys and started it late so I didn't have to sit through the acceptance speeches. As Steve noted Cordon was great (and funny) in the opening montage. There were many funny segments like showing several "Broadway actors" and their guest roles on Law and Order. The talent on Broadway is just limitless.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing