45 Years

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
In the absence of any good summer TV as well as yet to see any movie of note, we rented this film yesterday as we had missed it in the theaters and it starred Charlotte Rampling (who received a Best Actor nomination in this film) and Tom Courtenay.

A short film (95 minutes) with a very interesting story line

Briefly, from MRQE where the film got a huge metascore of 86%

Cast: Charlotte Rampling, Tom Courtenay, Dolly Wells, Geraldine James, David Sibley, Sam Alexander, Richard Cunningham, Rufus Wright
Director: Andrew Haigh
Rating: R
Running Time: 95 min.
Synopsis:
The winner of the Silver Bear for Best Actress (Charlotte Rampling) and Best Actor (Tom Courtenay) at the Berlin International Film Festival, Andrew Haigh's (Weekend, Looking) film is a moving and profound look at marriage and the secrets we keep. There is just one week until Kate Mercer's (Rampling) 45th wedding anniversary and the planning for the party is going well. But then a letter arrives for her husband (Courtenay). The body of his first love has been discovered, frozen and preserved in the icy glaciers of the Swiss Alps. By the time the party is upon them, five days later, there may not be a marriage left to celebrate

Definitely worth a rental if you are into character acting

The musical score is terrific BTW

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
You convinced me; I'm on it.

I have read slightly about it before...but never pursued it...till now (I will watch it in the next coming days, weeks, ...).
Who knows, maybe it's on Netflix* @ some friend's subscriptions.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/45_Years

* No it's not avail on Netflix Canada, I just checked. I'll find a better alternative still; amazon.
4th of July today...

Last edited:

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Cool, you have cable TV. I'm an extinct species; no cable for the last twenty years. Last time I couldn't put the remote control alone...I was just surfing watching everything and switching channels constantly during commercials. I remember having a Cinema channel, I forgot the name, and taping some on the VCR machine.
Like I said, I am extinct. I do watch some news and some documentaries, on the laptop.

Anyway, for 45 Hours (I want to see it); I'll check the internet TV. :b ...Low def of course. It's fine, it's not the type of flick for your subwoofers and 3D TV.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
I saw this movie a few months ago, beautiful

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass
Thanks, I didn't know about this movie but it looks good!

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass
Finally saw this. I enjoyed it and agree about the ending.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing