2015 Porsche Macan

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
very interesting. Looks a lot like a Cayenne. I am happy this is not replacing the Cayenne as I am on my fourth one and it has a lot more room and more hp. The price point should attract many more buyers, imo.

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin
Porsche just makes good vehicles...incredibly well designed and manufactured...

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin
I used to own a '10 Panamera S...then went to a '11 911 GTS (oh my was that a sports car), now have a '14 911 4S. Technically it's a better sports car...I do miss the raw fun of the GTS....however this 911 gets the comfort factor right up there with the Panamera...while handling better than my former GTS.

I am a sucker for great handling...the new 911's are amazing. And the build quality...shutting the doors, the controls, the transmission and braking...it's hard to beat

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
I used to own a '10 Panamera S...then went to a '11 911 GTS (oh my was that a sports car), now have a '14 911 4S. Technically it's a better sports car...I do miss the raw fun of the GTS....however this 911 gets the comfort factor right up there with the Panamera...while handling better than my former GTS.

I am a sucker for great handling...the new 911's are amazing. And the build quality...shutting the doors, the controls, the transmission and braking...it's hard to beat

My 911 is getting old school now....2004 996 GT3...still under 11k miles. My '13 Cayenne GTS is the daily driver. 911 weather is going away here quick.

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin
My 911 is getting old school now....2004 996 GT3...still under 11k miles. My '13 Cayenne GTS is the daily driver. 911 weather is going away here quick.

If you could...I'd keep your '04 and get a '11 GTS one day. I dreaded selling that car... at least get one for a test drive...this spring ;-)

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
If you could...I'd keep your '04 and get a '11 GTS one day. I dreaded selling that car... at least get one for a test drive...this spring ;-)

Have you ever tracked your 911 ? I haven't in about 5 years, but have brought it to the track for nine track days so far. You have a real nicetrack...Circuit of the America's real close to you. Nothing like driving a 911 near the limit w/o fear of law enforcement reprisal.

Holli82

Jun 6, 2010

Have an 11 GTS...agree with your comments. Thought about upgrading but still enjoying the older platform. Eventually will upgrade. Maybe there will be a GTS on the "new" body style.

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin
Have you ever tracked your 911 ? I haven't in about 5 years, but have brought it to the track for nine track days so far. You have a real nicetrack...Circuit of the America's real close to you. Nothing like driving a 911 near the limit w/o fear of law enforcement reprisal.

This is on my list of todo's...and maybe the porsche driving school one day...

scouter

Member Sponsor
Oct 30, 2012
Wrightsville Beach, NC
I tracked my 2010 GT3 at Barbour Motorsports in Alabama. Was an unbelievable experience! Equally unbelievable were the costs for the 2 day event. A new set of Michelin Sports Pilots, brake flush, alignment and balance, oil change with filter = $2000, track costs $700. Ouch! Having said that, was worth the cost, and there is really no other way to realize what a great machine Porsche makes w/o tracking. Highly recommended!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing