Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Haha! Well, if Sandy likes it you know you're golden! :D

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
That sounds a heck of a lot better than the LP of the same title and conductor/orchestra. Would love to hear the tape of the Reiner/ Chicago 1812 LSC 2241 LP. IMO, this is a far superior recording to the Morton Gould....which I think is what is on your tape. Anyone own the tape of LSC 2241...anyone else own the LP?

Andre Marc

Member Sponsor
Mar 14, 2012
San Diego
www.avrev.com
That sounds a heck of a lot better than the LP of the same title and conductor/orchestra. Would love to hear the tape of the Reiner/ Chicago 1812 LSC 2241 LP. IMO, this is a far superior recording to the Morton Gould....which I think is what is on your tape. Anyone own the tape of LSC 2241...anyone else own the LP?

I have to say, I was impressed with the tape...really pinned me back in my seat..probably not the definitive performance or recording, but not bad!

The Bolero was rather good too..

I will be on the lookout for the Reiner on tape.

Next in Cue..Cat Stevens Teaser In the Firecat..7.5 ips.

Andre Marc

Member Sponsor
Mar 14, 2012
San Diego
www.avrev.com

Just scored the Reiner New World Symphony 7.5 IPS reel on eBay...

Andre Marc

Member Sponsor
Mar 14, 2012
San Diego
www.avrev.com

This one was a real treat..

FullSizeRender.jpg

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
a REALY treat man. Smooth as butter..

I just got Steppenwolf Gold, and Joan Baez in Concert Volumes 1 and II.

Quite excited!

Nice pickups Andre!:D

You don't have to tell me what you paid, but what seems to be the average price for them?

Andre Marc

Member Sponsor
Mar 14, 2012
San Diego
www.avrev.com

You don't have to tell me what you paid, but what seems to be the average price for them?

I was not gouged, let's put it this way. I have a few sellers on ebay I track and they seem to sell tapes
at fair prices. I really shoot for under $20 if I can, but on just a few I paid more 'cause I was jonesing for them..
like Elvis's Golden Records Volume 3, which I paid around $35 for. But to hear "Are You Lonesome Tonight"
and "Little Sister" on tape...man oh man!

Andre Marc

Member Sponsor
Mar 14, 2012
San Diego
www.avrev.com

Between you and I, I scored a huge box of tapes at a local hifi store for $5 each. Filled with RCA Living Stereos,
Columbia's, and other goodies...shhhhh..I ran out of there like a thief in the night before they realized what they sold me...lol.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
I was not gouged, let's put it this way. I have a few sellers on ebay I track and they seem to sell tapes
at fair prices. I really shoot for under $20 if I can, but on just a few I paid more 'cause I was jonesing for them..
like Elvis's Golden Records Volume 3, which I paid around $35 for. But to hear "Are You Lonesome Tonight"
and "Little Sister" on tape...man oh man!

Between you and I, I scored a huge box of tapes at a local hifi store for $5 each. Filled with RCA Living Stereos,
Columbia's, and other goodies...shhhhh..I ran out of there like a thief in the night before they realized what they sold me...lol.

That's encouraging. I thought for sure they'd be in the mid--higher double digits.

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA

Ah ha, now I know why the guy at the store is looking at everyone in that strange way....he's trying to figure out who the culprit was:eek:.

Andre Marc

Member Sponsor
Mar 14, 2012
San Diego
www.avrev.com
That's encouraging. I thought for sure they'd be in the mid--higher double digits.

Of course some of it is buying skill, and some of it is who are you buying from. Many sellers are just find tapes in their attics
or basements, left behind, some find them at estate sales, and some are just trying to liquidate, and some are shrewd collectors.

My target price for primo titles is $15.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Of course some of it is buying skill, and some of it is who are you buying from. Many sellers are just find tapes in their attics
or basements, left behind, some find them at estate sales, and some are just trying to liquidate, and some are shrewd collectors.

My target price for primo titles is $15.
Good to know for when I finally get a R2R.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing