$100k Speaker Cables

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Since there is only one “Live”, everything is a tone control. Doesn’t bother me.

Reactions: Armsan and Gregadd
Since there is only one “Live”, everything is a tone control. Doesn’t bother me.
you call it a tone control. I call it a filter.

Last edited:
Personally, I have not been a fan of MIT cables. They, to me, have a "house sound".

At the end of the day and after all of the dust settles? Whether one considers a cable a tone control, a filter or something else?

They are a change. System synergy plays a huge part in this. Along with so many other factors. Where one is at along their individual audio journey plays a role in their observations.

By the time we get the music? We are on what? The 16th or 22nd generation of the original recording (very conservative).....along with phase swapping , <snip>

I'll just stop there. Everything affects everything and along one's journey? They discover more than previously thought....so long as they advance and in some cases? Digress.

To some? 100K SC's may get them to where they would like to be. To others? They may be just another cyclic activity to move on from in a couple of months. To others? It may very well be the last item that completes their system.....perhaps until the next itch that comes along to feed whatever it is that drives them.

Tom

Audiophiles like adjustments and adding more shiny boxes.
They can now change the sound themselves , good business idea from.MIT
Not 100 % satisfied with the sound and dont know what to do .....lets turn the knobs a bit
Often cheaper than the usual audiophile road: taking ones loss and shouting: next!;)

Reactions: andromedaaudio
Why? Seems like the industry as a whole is in a race to claim the most expensive component of any product class. Of course this can always be defended with system synergy but come on.

Any end in sight for just how ridiculous this really is?

Rob :)

Reactions: SCAudiophile
Stereophile used to say something like this in their recommended components edition -- "Choose a class A component from each of the categories, connect them together to form a system, and you will likely have bad sound." 100K or not the question to be answered is that the best cable for that system? I doubt it. This certain someone who shall not be named is perpetuating the myth that if a person just spend a bunch of money on "class A" components then they will automatically get great music. I guess he needs to keep his viewers entertained.

I wish he would focus on system synergy and system building rather than seemingly random box swapping. He has listened to more high-end gear in his house than probably anyone. Take a speaker and try a couple different amps. Shoot videos of I like this in this one and that in that one. Pick one. Then pick a great matching preamp based on some criteria and so on. Until he has constructed a musically satisfying system.

A video of this system was just posted where "Man in a long black coat" by Bob Dylan was playing. I am not sure why this song. Maybe he just likes it. I played it last night on my system and was pretty shocked at just how bad this recording sounds. The bass is bloated. It has very strange stereo phasing. Maybe the idea is that if he can get the bass to sound reasonable on this song then all other songs will sound good.

Stereophile used to say something like this in their recommended components edition -- "Choose a class A component from each of the categories, connect them together to form a system, and you will likely have bad sound." 100K or not the question to be answered is that the best cable for that system? I doubt it. This certain someone who shall not be named is perpetuating the myth that if a person just spend a bunch of money on "class A" components then they will automatically get great music. I guess he needs to keep his viewers entertained.

I wish he would focus on system synergy and system building rather than seemingly random box swapping. He has listened to more high-end gear in his house than probably anyone. Take a speaker and try a couple different amps. Shoot videos of I like this in this one and that in that one. Pick one. Then pick a great matching preamp based on some criteria and so on. Until he has constructed a musically satisfying system.

A video of this system was just posted where "Man in a long black coat" by Bob Dylan was playing. I am not sure why this song. Maybe he just likes it. I played it last night on my system and was pretty shocked at just how bad this recording sounds. The bass is bloated. It has very strange stereo phasing. Maybe the idea is that if he can get the bass to sound reasonable on this song then all other songs will sound good.
I watch “this certain someone” just to have a laugh at his pleading to ‘subscribe and like’ which of course I don’t then:cool:. Ah… the simple joys of life:p

I use to say this about American Idol. I always want then to have American Guitarist. American Drummer. Then start blending them into teams.

That would be fun. It would be interesting to see if after they chose the best of all of the different parts if they could actually come together as a band.

cCELLO PALETTE IF YOU CAN FIND ONE,0cb832c7424f802ba14ac60c48cca573.jpg

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing