Songwriter and Pianist Micah Sheveloff

Andre Marc

Member Sponsor
Mar 14, 2012
San Diego
www.avrev.com
Hi Guys:

Micah Sheveloff is s a good friend of mine. He is an audio industry veteran, and the long time
PR rep for Thiel and Bryston.

Songwriter and Pianist Micah Sheveloff Teams up with Meliah Rage Singer Mike Munro to Release Heaven and Hell Duet

Debut 10-song release to follow on August 1, 2012

New Haven, Connecticut — Micah Sheveloff, cofounder of The Voodoo Jets, has announced that he will be releasing a collection of piano-based songs called Exhibitionist on August 1st, 2012, featuring a host of guest artists. The first track to be unveiled, a piano and voice cover of Black Sabbath’s Heaven and Hell recorded with Meliah Rage singer Mike Munro, was released on YouTube to commemorate the second anniversary of the legendary Sabbath singer’s passing. Official release date for the video was May 16th, 2012.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3WB0bIaH9U&feature=relmfu

“This rendition of Heaven and Hell has been percolating inside my head since the song was first released over 30 years ago,” Sheveloff said. “I wanted to maintain the dark feel of the track on solo piano, staying away from anything too flowery while layering in some interesting chord changes—and the huge voice of Mike Munro seemed like a perfect fit. I am so thankful we were able to work together.”

Sheveloff’s release contains ten songs encompassing a wide array of mood, tempo and lyrical content. There are eight original compositions plus the Black Sabbath track and another cover duet with legendary Boston singer/songwriter Rick Berlin. Berlin sings Sheveloff’s piano arrangement of Cheap Trick’s Heaven Tonight. “I had several fundamental goals for this record—the first was to sing my own songs, establish my own voice,” Sheveloff explained. “I also wanted an opportunity to mix in the personalities and creative sensibilities of some gifted musicians, and everyone who participated in the project was amazing. I think recording live to 2-inch tape was a big part of it—I kept computers out of the equation until the mixing stage and that process allows great players to shine. I think we captured a lot of genuine human energy on this record,” Sheveloff added.

Drummer Greg Trabandt and bassist Clint Amereno anchored Sheveloff’s original songs, with guitarist Ed Vick sizzling on five tracks. Sheveloff also enlisted noted guitarist Marc Shulman (Suzanne Vega, others) to impart his ethereal style on two of the original songs. “I played a session some years ago and I remember asking the producer—who played those tasty guitar tracks? I’ve been looking for an opportunity to work with Marc ever since,” recalled Sheveloff.

Rounding out the guest list is renowned Vermont guitarist Paul Asbell and vocalist James Mix who teamed up with Connecticut jazz rhythm players Steve Clark (bass) and drummer Paul Mills on a song called Too Many Times.

Exhibitionist is an honest record. The writing is uninhibited; the players played, the singers stepped up to the mic and sung the songs. Recorded at New Haven’s Firehouse 12 using a 9-foot concert Steinway and a vintage Hammond B3, Exhibitionist is meant to be an intimate experience. Release date August 1st, 2012.

About the artist: Micah Sheveloff is a Boston-born pianist and songwriter who has merged an intense classical music foundation with a unique feel for popular song craftsmanship. Sheveloff’s career has included live and studio work with numerous artists, highlighted by Gary Cherone (Extreme, Van Halen), John Fowler (Steelheart), Marc Shulman (Suzanne Vega), Mike Malinin (Goo Goo Dolls), Meliah Rage and The Detours. In 2002, Sheveloff founded The Voodoo Jets, a unique power pop trio that released two CD’s to critical acclaim. Sheveloff has a passion for great sound and has also been an outspoken advocate for high-performance audio as well as old school recording techniques. Sheveloff maintains a BLOG at www.micahmadness.com.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing