Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Coralstone Diamond on Koetsu arm

Coralstone Diamond on Koetsu arm

Name:  IMG_1123.JPG
Views: 440
Size:  73.8 KB

I put Coralstone Diamond on Koetsu SA 1100 MK VII and his headshell.
    The headship has the litz Acrolink 8 N
    Turntable is TD 124 Schopper

I know for this cartridge will be better Techdas,Kronos,ecc with SAT,Kronos,Axiom,Elite,and i will be very curios to listen Koetsu there,but also in this set up is wonderful.
    With other cartridges i have i am exciting for their character,but with this i think only listen music because all seem perfect and sound is very natural and musical
    Listening this i don't regret Opus 1 for his deep bass and depth,Atlas or GFS for dynamic and high
    Even high are very good and i don't listen any roll off
    Phono is CH P1 with X1 in current

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by gian60 View Post
    With other cartridges i have i am exciting for their character,but with this i think only listen music because all seem perfect and sound is very natural and musical

This is like I am watching you eating in a Michelin star restaurant from outside the window Gian.

Dear Tang,
    you have a 3 michelin star restaurant at home,so don't worry

I read in some place you like a dark sound,so i think this is the cartridge for you,
    there is no roll off and is no dark,but have no the high of Atlas or GFS,is perfect from mid bass to mid high and has good bass and good high
    Then if you have Cessaro that is medium high efficiency like mine the sound is free to come out from the speaker in natural way

Your Koetsu Coralstone looks wonderful! Such a nice one!
    As you might have seen, I using Koetsu Stone Body too, the Onyx. I am trying around with headshells and cables. So 8N Copper with Koetsu is a wonderfull combination.
    On my Jelco HS 30 headshell (similar to your Koetsu) is the same thin rubber ring fitted, as I can see on your headshell. My 2 arms (Ikeda and FR64s) do prefer the headshell without the rubber ring, my be you like to try it, for me this in a little bit increasing the dynamic of and the energy of the cart. As the Koetsu carts do have a metal top, I tried the Dereneville Minimat between Cart and Headshell. In my system I got a little better contour, which I finally preferred.

I hope, that I will have the chance to try out the Koetsu Tonearm , looks very beautiful in your set up with your Thorens version.

Beautiful Gian60. This is my first time to see a Koetsu wooden headshell. Enjoy the music. I'm also a big fan of Koetsu.

Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast