es347

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I love this song. Who would have thought that decades later Sia would go on to have a single that would match Michael Jackson's single track record for staying atop the charts?

Here's a nice and steady one for you my friend

zztop7

Member Sponsor
Dec 12, 2012
Edmonds, WA
I love great vocals.
I love great instrumentals.
I extremely dislike performances where vocals are overrun by instruments; everything becomes noise - Zero 7 performance.

zz.

Last edited:

es347

Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..
I love great vocals.
I love great instrumentals.
I extremely dislike performances where vocals are overrun by instruments; everything becomes noise - Zero 7 performance.

iridium.

..Zero 7 all noise? Uh ok..

es347

Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..
I love this song. Who would have thought that decades later Sia would go on to have a single that would match Michael Jackson's single track record for staying atop the charts?

..what is the Sia song to which you refer Jack?

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator

Sadly this video is not available in the USA

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
..what is the Sia song to which you refer Jack?

This one :)

Stevie search Lighthouse Family - Lost in Space the whole album is great for drives with the top down actually :)

es347

Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
And this one too is available in North America:

_____

The first video, and this one just above; the resolution is lacking I find. This is just my first overall impression, for youtube videos of course.
Zero 7 is the better recorded one...to my ears, and with less compression.

Yes Steve, I too noticed that Jack's video wasn't avail here from the uploader. I think it depends of what youtube's URL address is used.
By using the song's title and the band performing it we can find alternatives that would play here.
This one was easy, but sometimes others aren't so easy to locate; it can take much longer.

As an example, yesterday I was trying to play four-five youtube videos that were posted @ another site on La La Land's special features...short clips.
None would play for me here. So I researched by typing the titles of those clips, but I could find only one from the 4-5 that were posted.

Anyway, youtube videos sloud be universal...for the entire planet...I think.
It must have to do with copyright or similar. ...Like Blu-ray discs that have three different world's regions (A, B & C). Our BR players here only play region A, unless we have a region free player.
With the newer 4K Blu-ray discs that limitation has been lifted; they are all region free, bravo.

es347

Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..
And this one too is available in North America:

_____

The first video, and this one just above; the resolution is lacking I find. This is just my first overall impression, for youtube videos of course.
Zero 7 is the better recorded one...to my ears, and with less compression.

Yes Steve, I too noticed that Jack's video wasn't avail here from the uploader. I think it depends of what youtube's URL address is used.
By using the song's title and the band performing it we can find alternatives that would play here.
This one was easy, but sometimes others aren't so easy to locate; it can take much longer.

As an example, yesterday I was trying to play four-five youtube videos that were posted @ another site on La La Land's special features...short clips.
None would play for me here. So I researched by typing the titles of those clips, but I could find only one from the 4-5 that were posted.

Anyway, youtube videos sloud be universal...for the entire planet...I think.
It must have to do with copyright or similar. ...Like Blu-ray discs that have three different world's regions (A, B & C). Our BR players here only play region A, unless we have a region free player.
With the newer 4K Blu-ray discs that limitation has been lifted; they are all region free, bravo.

..see post #9 above for a USA link that works

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Yes, that was the first one I saw when I was searching for one avail here, and before reading that post.
But the sound was lo res, so I kept searching for one with better resolution; I could not, but that one with the planet Earth was also avail (@ lo res).
I posted it for the more interesting moving pictures.

But I always look for best sound first when searching for youtube. And if two videos have very similar sound, then I pick the one with the more interesting imagery.
Anyway from all the four youtube videos presented in this thread, only Jack's video isn't avail here in North America.
And yours from the first post has overall better resolution...sound and picture.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing