Zero Distortion: Visit to Rhapsody Dallas

No Regrets

Jan 24, 2012
Midwest USA
@LL21 Hello, if you are talking about the violin concerto.... then yes, it is an incredible recording. It is featuring Lola Bobesco (I have also found her last name to be spelled "Bobescu" as well) performing Beethoven's Violin Concerto with the Nouvel Orchestra Symphonique, conducted by Edgar Doneux. https://www.discogs.com/release/646...hestre-Symphonique-De-La-RTBF-Violin-Concerto
\

I was so moved by @bonzo75 video that I knew I just had to have this recording :) So, I did in fact reach out to Ked asking him if he would be willing to share some info regarding which pressing this was and he very kindly and graciously replied. A true gentleman in every sense of the word. He cautioned me about the rarity as well as the high cost of this album, if a person is lucky enough to be able to find it.

So, the hunt began! I was able to find a mint copy from a collector in Belgium. What a fabulous performance and recording. She really makes that violin sing, with such a pure tone and with the most beautiful phrasing! This recording just really speaks to me in such an incredible way... it's breathtaking and it really pulls at my emotions and feelings. I love it so much and it's all in thanks to @bonzo75 for introducing this recording to me via the video he had shared with us on the forum ;) Ked has great tastes in music, and has shared freely with us here some really wonderful recordings:cool:

I am just in love with her playing... so talented, so delicate and nuanced, so lovely! I just had to have more from her so I ordered the following Lola Bobescu records all in near mint/mint condition from the collector in Belgium...

1. Beethoven Violin Concerto on HMV
2. Beethoven Romance for Violin and Orchestra / Mendelssohn Violin Concerto with the Nouvel Orchestra on HMV
3. Bach / Nin / Stravinski Recital on Electrecord
4. Lola Bobescue with Serge Bemant - Charm and Violin on French Decca circa 1977

Yes, they were expensive... totalling over $1200 for the 4 of them :eek:... but they play flawlessly without noise, they are fantastic performances and have excellent sound quality... a perfect trifecta! I am not a collector. I don't buy albums to sell later for a higher price. I buy them to listen to, as I am a music lover, first and foremost. These records will give me many years of enjoyment!

I highly recommend pursuing this recording... I certainly have No Regrets :D

Best wishes to all,
Don

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Thank you! What a great story! And so the search begins...!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing