Whilst watching TV or YouTube, I listen through...

John57

Sep 29, 2015
Melbourne, Australia
Well I have a reasonable home cinema system core:

PMC Twenty 26 fronts, good quality centre and rear speakers - older models (IDEA Sub woofer, Sound Dynamics centre and rears) made in Canada - driven currently by AV8802A and MM8077 and great cables from Time Portal all fully shielded components and cables.

This is the very same system I use for YouTube and standard Cable TV. And they sound marvelous too because of this. I don't use the TV speakers or any sound bar or any other source that my main home theater centre.

Is this what others do or do you separate your TV audio from your main system?

It means my main system is on all the time the TV is on, and of course if we are playing blu-ray or cd's or high res usb stored files then of course I am using my main system.

But there is no tv system other than my main system, is this what you guys do also?

MAIN SYSTEM WHOLE VIEW_C.jpg

audioguy

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Near Atlanta, GA but not too near!
Our TV (75 inch Sony in our family room) uses a Sonos sound bar and Sonos sub. My main (and now only) system is in a purpose built room and serves dual purpose: music listening room and home theater. The only "TV" we watch in the theater is college football games. Virtually all other "TV" programming we watch is in the family room.

John57

Sep 29, 2015
Melbourne, Australia
G'day Audioguy. You describe quite a common situation I suspect certainly on this forum. A separation of family tv and home theatre. Home building room layout dominates choice along with family size and age groups too. My villa is limited in this regard. No space for a dedicated room or separation of music and home cinema systems either.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Hi John, I like your windows (shape), and your carpet.

Depending of what's on the TV's screen the main system could be on or off (separate). I'm Canadian; very flexible without rules. :b

* There's another thread started by Ron, regarding the several uses of the apostrophe (') ... punctuation.
And I just noticed that you wrote down cd's with an apostrophe. :b
It's true that in this case here there is no apostrophe...CDs.

Where about in Saudi Arabia do you live, if I may?

Cheers, from Vancouver Island...with a foot of snow right now...just beautiful all that white powder on the trees and mountains, simply splendid!
~Bob

John57

Sep 29, 2015
Melbourne, Australia
Hi John, I like your windows (shape), and your carpet.

Depending of what's on the TV's screen the main system could be on or off (separate). I'm Canadian; very flexible without rules. :b

* There's another thread started by Ron, regarding the several uses of the apostrophe (') ... punctuation.
And I just noticed that you wrote down cd's with an apostrophe. :b
It's true that in this case here there is no apostrophe...CDs.

Where about in Saudi Arabia do you live, if I may?

Cheers, from Vancouver Island...with a foot of snow right now...just beautiful all that white powder on the trees and mountains, simply splendid!
~Bob

G'day NorthStar

Riyadh is my home here in KSA. Its a Spanish style Villa Complex, I'm lining up another pic below insha'allah. We have just had our cold spell down to zero degrees, but no snow its simply too dry in the centre of KSA here. It does snow in the north and south, but not here. Coming form 20 years in Singapore this is nice at least we have seasons. On the other hand I left Melbourne Australia because of the cold weather and economy also....and cold ex-wife also but that was many years ago now.

There is hardly any hifi community here just some major installers, a couple of major vendors more in Dubai rather than here...and a couple of loose shops selling Klipsch Bose Jamo etc.

IMG_6118.JPG

All my kit is overseas purchase and post/shipping...latest items sitting on a pallet now in NYC awaiting final payment / clearance come over...
IMG_5808.JPG IMG_5809.JPG

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing