What are you currently listening to (Classical)?

andolink

Jul 28, 2016
Sheer delight--

Antonio Brioschi: Six Symphonies

andolink

Jul 28, 2016
My first listen to this recording of the Schoenberg Piano Concerto and I'm very impressed with all aspects, particularly the level of detail revealed by Boulez and the sound engineer.

71ry9X4jtkL._SL1200_.jpg

Last edited:

Bachtoven

May 10, 2015
Spectacular playing and sound.

Bachtoven

May 10, 2015
Some very interesting pieces...some are more listener friendly than others! Superb sound and playing.

andolink

Jul 28, 2016
A recording every lover of this symphony should hear--

L. van Beethoven: Symphony No. 9 in D minor , Op. 125

andolink

Jul 28, 2016
A particularly insightful and incisive reading of Schoenberg's Variations for Orchestra, Op. 31

and

J. S. Bach: 'Ach Herr, mich armen Sünder', BWV 135 & 'Ach Gott, vom Himmel sieh darein', BWV 2

andolink

Jul 28, 2016
An amazing orchestral piece by the always brilliant 47 yr. old German composer--

Enno Poppe: Keilschrift (2005/6)

Bachtoven

May 10, 2015
I took advantage of Acoustic Sounds' 20% off sale and bought two hi-resolution files. Both are wonderfully played and recorded.

(24 bit/192KHz)

(24 bit 96KHz)

Migo

Aug 10, 2013
Impressive costumer service.

Interesting that it is not Frans de Rond who has recorded the album but Danish engineer Torsten Jessen;

But it still sounds like a Sound Liaison recording, intimate, yet spacious.

Just finished first listening session of the ''Enghave Barok'' a top Scandinavian chamber ensemble with a fresh look at the Bach Sinfonia and Cantatas. Superbly played and recorded and at an introduction price of 10€, this download is highly recommended. http://www.soundliaison.com/studio-masters/253-bach-live-edition-1

i was amazed by the few snips on the website. I am a 16/44 guy and Zanden 4-box digital at that. I have emailed Sound Liaisons to ask if there is a way to download 16/44 from them...at least we get the music this way. I can burn it and play old-skool on the Transport.

I recommend this recording for optimizing speaker placement, really a very well defined image of the ensemble. And if you thought that there is no way Bach can keep being important, think again!

Bachtoven

May 10, 2015
These are the more difficult versions from 1837 rather than the more customary 1852 revised ones. Gon is not nearly as subtle as Trifonov, but it's hard to compare them since the versions are so different. I'm sure he's doing the best he can! ;) The rather dry but startlingly clear sound places him in one's listening room. (I played the SACD, not the DVD-A disc.)

Bachtoven

May 10, 2015
I finished listening to this set today. A wonderful recording--they brilliantly respond to the various moods in the works.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA

Enjoyed the performance and the recording has very good dynamics. Alas it is also saddled with hiss and buzz. Surprising for a 1994 recording.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
I finished listening to this set today. A wonderful recording--they brilliantly respond to the various moods in the works.

Thanks for posting this. Made me go back and listen to my high-res download of it:

It is as delightful as you say (both recording and performance).

Bachtoven

May 10, 2015

Enjoyed the performance and the recording has very good dynamics. Alas it is also saddled with hiss and buzz. Surprising for a 1994 recording.

It was recorded in the 70s--that Duo edition was released in 1994.

Bachtoven

May 10, 2015
Thanks for posting this. Made me go back and listen to my high-res download of it:

It is as delightful as you say (both recording and performance).

Mine is a 24 bit/96khz file, too. I just recently got into hi-res files. Good stuff!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing