New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Dubs steal game 1 in LA

Clipps looked way off today other than Paul who was terrific

Woke up early morning just to catch the last 35 seconds of the game. Must be one of the longest 35 seconds I've seen, with many missed free throws and I heard too that Blake Griffin fouled out after 19 minutes. The guy without a doubt is important for LAC to win games. GS certainly has good players to stage an upset.

TBH I thought the Clipps were going to pull off a come back win at the end and how many chances did the Dubbs keep the Clipps in it with the TO's and missed FT's. The Clipps just imploded at the end

Yes, imploded. Chris Paul lost the ball upon replay though he was clearly fouled before that. And Clippers just didn't capitalize on the missed FTs of GS. Time for Doc to adjust for Game 2.

Nets steals one from the Raptors. Pierce just took over towards the end of the game, where veterans shine.

And Pacers falling behind in the first Q against the lowly Hawks who entered the playoffs with a losing record.

And it's hard for me to think that the locker room leadership of Granger is the key of this losing run. I was positive on the arrival of Evan Turner then. But that's basketball chemistry.

Wizards surprise Chicago. Wizards have a strong team on paper. Wall, Beal, Nene, Gortat, Ariza.

I thought the Bulls would beat the Wizards, too.

A lot of Eastern Conference teams would be happy to see the Bulls lose this series - they are the team no one wants to play.

Portland just beat Houston in OT, another "upset."

We'll see about my Clips. Monday is a big game. Hope the refs let the teams play basketball in the next game.

1st game was called really tight.

Portland just beat Houston in OT, another "upset."

We'll see about my Clips. Monday is a big game. Hope the refs let the teams play basketball in the next game.

1st game was called really tight.

Wow, Aldrige has 46 points! And Lilliard 31. This is going to be a good series to watch too.

And re refs and the Clippers last game, the league has stated that there was a foul on Chris Paul before the ball went out of bounds from his finger tips. Thanks but no thanks for Doc. Wonder why the league has to issue such lame pronouncements.

From nba.com

Jim Buss says he’ll go if Lakers can’t turn it around in next 3-4 years – So this is how it will end. If the Los Angeles Lakers don’t dig out of their current mess and return to their place among the NBA’s elite in the next three to four years, Jim Buss is gone. Those are his words, per Mike Bresnahan of The Los Angeles Times. It’s no secret among the Buss clan, whose obligation to the city of Los Angeles goes beyond just running the most high-profile franchise in town but also making sure said franchise competes at the highest level year after year.

The six brothers and sisters, with a gap of 31 years from eldest to youngest, gathered in the winter near the first anniversary of their father’s death to discuss some problems about the family business. It’s also the city’s treasured sports team — the Lakers.
The team was nose-diving in the standings, losing the interest of fans, and grinding toward its worst season since the team moved to Los Angeles in 1960.
So Jeanie Buss posed an elementary question to her siblings: What was going on with the Lakers?

Her older brother Jim Buss, 54, in charge of the Lakers’ basketball operations, spoke up in the boardroom of the team’s El Segundo training facility and pledged to resign in a few years if the suddenly dark fortunes of the franchise weren’t reversed.

“I was laying myself on the line by saying, if this doesn’t work in three to four years, if we’re not back on the top — and the definition of top means contending for the Western Conference, contending for a championship — then I will step down because that means I have failed,” he told The Times about the meeting. “I don’t know if you can fire yourself if you own the team … but what I would say is I’d walk away and you guys figure out who’s going to run basketball operations because I obviously couldn’t do the job.

“There’s no question in my mind we will accomplish success. I’m not worried about putting myself on the line.”
It was an emotional meeting, and the siblings — including Johnny, Janie, Joey and Jesse — agreed that Jim deserved more time on the job.
Their father, Jerry Buss, died in February 2013. He left his six children — each with an equal vote — in charge of a family trust, with a 66% ownership stake in the team. But the results of their first season as co-owners weren’t close to championship caliber.

“We’re watching a very unfortunate thing happen to a beloved team right now,” former Lakers coach Phil Jackson told The Times before taking the job last month as president of the New York Knicks. “Everybody is kind of aghast at it and people that are the best customers that any franchise can possibly hope for are dissatisfied, and rightly so.”

The first casualty..........

HANG TIME HEADQUARTERS — The New York Knicks fired Mike Woodson and his entire coaching staff this morning in a move that should surprise no one.
Woodson’s future with the Knicks was in jeopardy long before Phil Jackson took over as president of basketball operations for the Knicks last month. But the scrutiny intensified after Jackson assumed control. And after the Knicks failed to salvage a playoff bid out of this brutal season Woodson-watch went into overdrive.
“I have a tremendous amount of respect for Mike Woodson and his entire staff,” Jackson said in a statement released by the team. “The coaches and players on this team had an extremely difficult 2013-14 season, and blame should not be put on one individual. But the time has come for change throughout the franchise as we start the journey to assess and build this team for next season and beyond.
“Everyone in this franchise owes a great deal of gratitude to what Mike and his staff have done. We wish him the best.”
Woodson was 109-79 in parts of three season coaching the Knicks, including a 54-win season last year that included winning the Knicks’ first Atlantic Division title in 19 years. They also won a playoff series for the first time in 13 years under Woodson. But the Knicks fell woefully short of expectations this season. With Carmelo Anthony‘s looming free agency adventure, Jackson decided to start fresh with a coach of his own choosing.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing