Entreq Tellus grounding

Remember one is about chassis ground (Tripoint) and the other is about signal reference ground (Entreq).

Cheers
Orb

Is it better to earth ground than to non ground? Is it better to ground the circuit board or the outer cabinet that protects against RFI and EMI? Also one should test all their components between an RCA out ground to the chassis. My amps are not grounded to the chassis and neither is my phono stage, but everything else has the chassis and circuit board grounded to each other.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
TBG, I hope I'm a reasonable man, and I guess it seems there are fundamental differences btwn the two techs. What's the chance of you acquiring some Entreq gear and doing a little a-b? Btw, don't "upset" Miguel by telling him our own tiresome High Priest of Objectivism says his lovely Steinway box is full of cat litter :D! I suspect he may have started w/this stuff, but then progressed onto materials that REALLY make a difference.

TBG, I hope I'm a reasonable man, and I guess it seems there are fundamental differences btwn the two techs. What's the chance of you acquiring some Entreq gear and doing a little a-b? Btw, don't "upset" Miguel by telling him our own tiresome High Priest of Objectivism says his lovely Steinway box is full of cat litter :D! I suspect he may have started w/this stuff, but then progressed onto materials that REALLY make a difference.

Frankly, a shootout is irrelevant to either the US Entreq distributor or to Tripoint as both sell all the can get every ten days or make with a backlog of at least a month. Also with my experiences with Acoustic Revive and Paranawire, I'm only interested in actual grounding units. Before I got the original Troy, I had experimented with copper grounding bars and the Granite Audio grounding unit with little satisfaction. Actually, just lifting the ground off everything except the line stage was better than everything with its ac ground if one used good cheaters or three to two adapters.

At some point I may get an Entreq unit to hear for my own satisfaction, but I would not post on this.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Ok, TBG, I'm surmising you conclude the Entreq is not a "true ground", since it doesn't earth ground via a PC into the mains like Troy, which by definition makes the latter a "true ground". You're basically saying the Entreq is equivalent in concept to an Acoustic Revive or Pranawire Linebacker. And as such you won't post any comparative results since you don't feel concept-wise they should be compared. I'm not going to comment since I really don't know anything about the Acoustic Revive or Linebacker.
If it's of interest to you, on AE they're going loco using Troy but w/Linebacker Extremes per component. So, if there is equivalence btwn Entreq and Linebacker, don't you owe it to y'self to try Entreq and run it alongside Troy in your system? There may be a great synergy btwn the two, as they're finding on AE.
In the New Year, I'm aiming to run an Entreq Cleanus that will plug via a captured PC into my balanced power transformer and ground this back to my Silver Tellus, which may bridge some of this contrast that you draw btwn the two techs.
Btw, this is an Entreq thread. Why are you so reluctant to post your findings? If they're positive or negative, just let us know. This is the thread for them. You've already stated it shouldn't be compared to Troy, we're all cool about this I'm sure, but your findings still deserve to me made known. Unless of course you feel a brand loyalty to Troy that precludes you commenting.
Don't follow in the steps of Audiocrack who has already publicly declared he won't post on his views re Emperor, otherwise a reasonable inference to be drawn is that you're both a little too sensitive.

Last edited:

cuntigh

Dec 20, 2014
FRANCE
Hello,

Received the S. Tellus and Atlantis this morning. Not listened yet. My question is do I connect the Rc
CA side of the eartha to RCA in the black or the red in the preamp ? Waiting the POF answer but I guess you will be faster.
Thanks

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
Hello,

Received the S. Tellus and Atlantis this morning. Not listened yet. My question is do I connect the Rc
CA side of the eartha to RCA in the black or the red in the preamp ? Waiting the POF answer but I guess you will be faster.
Thanks

Spade to the Tellus End , RCA to the pre amp or other component you wish to ground

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Mssr. C, just plug the rca end of your ground lead into a spare INPUT jack on your preamp, the other (spade) end of it into your Silver Tellus, and the spade end from the captured lead from your Atlantis box into another terminal on the Silver Tellus.

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
Hello,

Thanks
I don't think it matters.
I use the positive on my Vitus SIA 025 integrated amp.

Frank750

VIP/Donor
Jul 8, 2011
if your preamp is dual mono design, I recommend 2 rca ground cables...one for each channel input left and right.

I'm supposed to have a demo next week. If I only have 2 cables, am I better off running 2 to the Xs preamp or 1 to the preamp and 1 to the XP25?

cuntigh

Dec 20, 2014
FRANCE
if your preamp is dual mono design, I recommend 2 rca ground cables...one for each channel input left and right.

I had to connect the S.T to a phono input because I have only 3 unoutd and 2 of them are for phono. The line is connected to the Computer Audio Design DAC. So I hope the effect will be also in the digital. Maybe Spirit has an experience on that ?

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
I'm supposed to have a demo next week. If I only have 2 cables, am I better off running 2 to the Xs preamp or 1 to the preamp and 1 to the XP25?

You could try both, but I feel that the greatest impact will be with both cables to the pre inputs. Anything plugged into the pre benefits too including digital. Ultimately I think you will end up with two into the phono, two into the pre and perhaps 1 into the digital input (which I have not tried). I am considering a Silver minimus dedicated to the DAC with one cable going into the rca dig in.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Mssr. C, I have found the order of priority of grounding is preamp, followed by phono, then digital, the power amps. I've yet to try my Zu sub amps. I now run a dual mono line stage, so two Apollo ground cables needed here. I suspect any component running to both L and R inputs/outputs will benefit from two ground cables.
So, in your case try the preamp first, either one or two cables, and then make your way thru the system progressively.

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
You could try both, but I feel that the greatest impact will be with both cables to the pre inputs. Anything plugged into the pre benefits too including digital. Ultimately I think you will end up with two into the phono, two into the pre and perhaps 1 into the digital input (which I have not tried). I am considering a Silver minimus dedicated to the DAC with one cable going into the rca dig in.

I also recommend an additional silver Tellus for the XS 300's. I think the effect is less compared to the pre and phono. Still worth it..at this level.

Geardaddy

Oct 1, 2012
Charlotte, NC

He did not start with kitty litter. I wish he would post pics, but he is paranoid and I get that.

Why don't you ask Mr. Entreq whether his boxes are a true ground or not. That would save a lot on extraneous words.

Norm asked Stillpoints for a box, but they are chicken by the sounds of it....

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Geardaddy, tbh there is sufficient conjecture whether ANY of this stuff, Entreq and/or Troy is a "true" ground, if you look at the posts that talk about safety/ground rods install etc. And whether any of this even measures as "better" rather than being the stereotypical subjective experience. Ever since the bias on "does it measure?" came up, no-one has run w/it. But since Entreq have deemed it appropriate to market their wares as grounding, who am I to stir it?
And frankly I've wasted enough time defending the Entreq gear from sniping of the worst kind, so that's my energies taken up.
But knock y'self out if you can: 1. PROVE Troy is indeed grounding by definition and is unambiguously so (at least to shut up the measurements/ground-ionic rod/safety ground crowds). 2 can prove Entreq definitely isn't grounding 3. can take all this beyond the realm of confusion by going stage by stage thru a detailed analysis of what constitutes Troy and exactly how it works (no chance this side of the end of the world by Global Warming, that Miguel or Per Olof will open up even an iota about how their stuff really works).

Last edited:

cuntigh

Dec 20, 2014
FRANCE
I made my first listenning yesterday at night with only the S' Tellus for the moment and I have not been impressed that much. It seems the scene is better with more depth, a bit more presence on the instruments, maybe a little bit more purity ?
I'll have to do more listenning in the next few days as maybe the Entreq need more time to settle in my system. After that I'll have to disconnect and see what's happen.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing