Crystal Disc US$1600 was played with Genesis Speaker

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
What would anyone that is "....not a big Belafonte fan..." give a crap what pressing he has?

The answer to that is simple. All of the "shaded dogs" have different SQ depending on their pressing. Whether you care about that is another matter. Some people do, you obviously do not. It's all good.

Roysen

Aug 6, 2011
The URL provided here for a webshop to buy these Crystal CDs have very limited selection and most of the titles are with music mostly interesting to Asians. Are there other titles available which would normally be more directed to Western people? I found this picture on another forum showing a glass CD from Jennifer Warnes - The Hunger. I am thinking about music more along these lines. I am intersted in buying one of these Crystal Discs and compare it to CD/LP/SACD etc.

http://www.my-hiend.com/vbb/showthread.php?4912-2011年東京國際音響展實況報導&p=163436#post163436

Does anyone know where something like this can be found online for sale?

garylkoh

WBF Technical Expert (Speakers & Audio Equipment)
Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com
Can you please let us know where these titles can be bought online?

Roysen, these glass CDs are made in extremely limited quantities, and as that post looks like it is from the 2011 Tokyo show, I doubt that you can find it anymore. When the producers negotiate licenses and royalties from the owners of the copyright, it is usually in terms of one batch with a maximum number of prints. One of the reasons why they have to be so expensive.

Groucho

Aug 18, 2012
UK
Just thought I'd ask. Is anyone here interested in buying a bridge..? :)

garylkoh

Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA

We get it that you think bits are bits. You don't have to read/post here, and feel free to put me on ignore, and ignore the whole Genesis forum, because I'll still post about good music I find - with the same bits.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City

Depends on the bridge. GW would more than fund my audio hobby not to mention pink fish media.

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
I think it's rather silly to buy many copies of a cd so you can talk to a teeny bopper artist, but it's their money.

It is interesting that they interviewed people from Tower Records in Japan. I don't think there are any left in New York.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
I think it's rather silly to buy many copies of a cd so you can talk to a teeny bopper artist, but it's their money.

It is interesting that they interviewed people from Tower Records in Japan. I don't think there are any left in New York.

I think based on a story saw recently this is the only Tower Records left.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Young generation Japanese culture versus young generation North American culture: Two very different entities.

You cannot compare, and you cannot equate money matters. ...It is what it is.

* Can't wait to hear from Bruce, Mike, Gary, etc., from Mike's place on their multiple assessments and musical (sound quality comparison) investigation from double-blind listening tests and all that jazz. ...Japanese artist musicians.

andymodern

Aug 19, 2013
Hong Kong
www.modernaudio.com
The URL provided here for a webshop to buy these Crystal CDs have very limited selection and most of the titles are with music mostly interesting to Asians. Are there other titles available which would normally be more directed to Western people? I found this picture on another forum showing a glass CD from Jennifer Warnes - The Hunger. I am thinking about music more along these lines. I am intersted in buying one of these Crystal Discs and compare it to CD/LP/SACD etc.

http://www.my-hiend.com/vbb/showthread.php?4912-2011年東京國際音響展實況報導&p=163436#post163436

Does anyone know where something like this can be found online for sale?

This Jennifier Warnes - Hunter is a limited collector edition, and i believe it was already sold out!

But i heard another title of Jennifier come soon!

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator

garylkoh

Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA

Thanks, Myles.

Considering that this is the queue of enthusiasts getting the CDs they bought signed by the artists, I'd say that the industry is stronger in Asia than it is here in the US. Enthusiasts prefer to buy something tangible than download a song. The average age of the audience during the demos was probably a couple of decades lower than the audience in US shows.

Signing.jpg

The artists were thrilled to get a copy of the Crystal Disc after hearing it played on the system. When I asked her what she thought, she said that she had never ever heard herself this clearly in her life. Andy's generosity made all the musicians extremely happy.

Thrilled.jpg

andymodern

Aug 19, 2013
Hong Kong
www.modernaudio.com
Can you please let us know where these titles can be bought online?

This titles was once released by FIM in the format of XRCD and K2HD. Now in Crystal Disc!
View attachment 11338

Hi Andy

browsing that link of your website I noticed the price of each disk had an $ before it. Is this USD or Japanese yen or other

If you see this title at $12,800.00. That means the currency is in Hong Kong Dollar!

andymodern

Aug 19, 2013
Hong Kong
www.modernaudio.com
Thanks, Myles.

Considering that this is the queue of enthusiasts getting the CDs they bought signed by the artists, I'd say that the industry is stronger in Asia than it is here in the US. Enthusiasts prefer to buy something tangible than download a song. The average age of the audience during the demos was probably a couple of decades lower than the audience in US shows.

View attachment 11385

The artists were thrilled to get a copy of the Crystal Disc after hearing it played on the system. When I asked her what she thought, she said that she had never ever heard herself this clearly in her life. Andy's generosity made all the musicians extremely happy.

View attachment 11386

Gary, you had taken good photos on my artists! Can i have more of them?

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
Just got the discs, DSD files and LP from Andy today. I've asked Mike which weekend would be the best and I think it should be the 28th. That will give folks enough time to clear their schedules and me enough time to do some preliminary tests.

photo1.JPG photo2.JPG

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing