Zero Distortion: Vyger

MRubey

VIP/Donor
Mar 20, 2022
San Antonio Texas
yes but if I wanted a regular table I would just get the Brinkmann balance it works great and great service and sonics, and put your arm of choice on it. No need to spend. Vyger is quite a special arm that goes with the table.

Don’t get caught up by the overpricing of other tables. Get records they make a table sound better than better tables with poorer records.
I don’t know the clear audio tangential arm
I hear you.
It's your enthusiasm that first brought VYGER to my attention.
They should be paying you.
When contemplating that level of expenditure you want to weigh all of the possibilities.
The reviews of the Clearaudio are now very dated but the reviewers were saying the same things about that arm that you say about the VYGER. The selling point being that it's a vastly simpler system.
All things being equal, simpler is better for me. I'm getting old man!
The question is - are things indeed equal.
That is what I'm trying to figure out.
Fortunately I have a bit of time to work on this before this upgrade becomes imminent. (I'm not that old lol)

Reactions: bonzo75

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
I hear you.
When contemplating that level of expenditure you want to weigh all of the possibilities.
The reviews of the Clearaudio are now very dated but the reviewers were saying the same things about that arm that you say about the VYGER. The selling point being that it's a vastly simpler system.
Fortunately I have a bit of time to work on this before this upgrade becomes imminent. (I'm not that old lol)

yes theoretically I understand but the number of people who can actually set up a turntable (and I don’t mean align a cartridge etc) but set up the signal path to allow to the recording magic to flow through the system is rare. If I get to hear the clearaudio that way with the red sparrow or another suitable cartridge I will definitely travel to try and understand it.

Reactions: MRubey

MRubey

VIP/Donor
Mar 20, 2022
San Antonio Texas
yes theoretically I understand but the number of people who can actually set up a turntable (and I don’t mean align a cartridge etc) but set up the signal path to allow to the recording magic to flow through the system is rare. If I get to hear the clearaudio that way with the red sparrow or another suitable cartridge I will definitely travel to try and understand it.
And that is a factor as well. Simplier is not just about reliability. It also translates to setup and maintenance. I'm a 5 hour drive from the VYGER dealer. I'll be talking to them when the time comes.

Last edited:

MRubey

VIP/Donor
Mar 20, 2022
San Antonio Texas
Maybe someday. Ever been to San Antonio?

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London

byrdparis

Nov 24, 2015
Israel
I hear you.

sorry to disappoint but my experience with CA linear arm was turrible,
there is NOTHING that is in the same neighborhood from that to the VYGER.

BUT - I only had the "new" TT2, not the TT1 "best" bridge tonearm.
its was quite good sounding when it worked, but it was like 10% out of 100% times that you could listen to one side without miss-tracking.

the simple approach seems legit until you realized it's just not good enough (crap!)

(one can argue that i wasn't any good in setting it up... but... that argue will fall short very quickly - you can ask Pino and Bjorn about my skills with the "more" complex VYGER)

again, never had any experience with the TT1 from CA.

so no comment there.
A,

exupgh12

Jul 30, 2019
The Clearaudio TT1 MI flagship linear tracker has no pneumatic mechanism so no pump.
It’s been refined for several years and apparently works quite well.
Over the past eight months, I've consistently been delighted by the Clearaudio Statement TT, accompanied by the TT1 arm and the Clearaudio Goldfinger cartridge, all thanks to a generous friend. I must express that this combination is truly exceptional.

Throughout this period, my friend encountered no issues with either the turntable or the tonearm.

Drawing from my modest experience with ultra-expensive turntables like the Da Vinci Gabriel, Kronos Pro and Discovery, Kuzma XL, TechDas AF1, SME 30, 60, Dohmann Helix One, and others (some at friends home, some at shows), I can confidently assert that the Clearaudio Statement + TT1 holds its own and can compete with or even surpass most ultra-high-end sources I've come across. It doesn't shy away from being among the best of the best.

Attachments

• IMG-20230627-WA0009.jpg
    IMG-20230627-WA0009.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG-20230627-WA0008.jpg
    IMG-20230627-WA0008.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 17

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Over the past eight months, I've consistently been delighted by the Clearaudio Statement TT, accompanied by the TT1 arm and the Clearaudio Goldfinger cartridge, all thanks to a generous friend. I must express that this combination is truly exceptional.

Throughout this period, my friend encountered no issues with either the turntable or the tonearm.

Drawing from my modest experience with ultra-expensive turntables like the Da Vinci Gabriel, Kronos Pro and Discovery, Kuzma XL, TechDas AF1, SME 30, 60, Dohmann Helix One, and others (some at friends home, some at shows), I can confidently assert that the Clearaudio Statement + TT1 holds its own and can compete with or even surpass most ultra-high-end sources I've come across. It doesn't shy away from being among the best of the best.
Hi, what’s the rest of the system

exupgh12

Jul 30, 2019
Hi, what’s the rest of the system

The rest of the system:

- Avantgarde Acoustics Trio G2 + 4 x Basshorn Loudspeaker System
- 2 x SET Mono Amplifiers (costume made)
- MBL Reference 6010 Pre Amp
- CH Precision P1 Phono
- MBL Reference 1621 CD Transport
- MBL Reference 1611 DAC
- Aurender w20se
- Cables - Cristal + Siltech

MRubey

VIP/Donor
Mar 20, 2022
San Antonio Texas

The CA Statement is a $200K TT system. I will definitely not be going to that level.
But the next one down, the Master Innovation with the flagship TT1 MI arm is the same price as the Atlantis.

exupgh12

Jul 30, 2019
The CA Statement is a $200K TT system. I will definitely not be going to that level.
But the next one down, the Master Innovation with the flagship TT1 MI arm is the same price as the Atlantis.
My friend continues to own the older CA Innovation TT, yet he hasn't arranged the TT1 on that table. He's only experienced it with Kuzma and SME.

While it's a reliable and solid turntable, it doesn't come close to the level of finesse found in the statement.

MRubey

VIP/Donor
Mar 20, 2022
San Antonio Texas
My friend continues to own the older CA Innovation TT, yet he hasn't arranged the TT1 on that table. He's only experienced it with Kuzma and SME.

While it's a reliable and solid turntable, it doesn't come close to the level of finesse found in the statement.
Apples to apples.
At 3.5x the cost it better. (CA Statement vs MI)
At the same time the Atlantis with a pivot TA is more likely among mere mortals as well.
This is really about is the TT1 comparable to the VYGER arm.

The consensus seems to be that VYGER stands alone and punches way above its considerable weight.

Last edited:
Reactions: exupgh12

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Jeroen has been happy with his Atlantis since 2018 or 19, Bjorn travelled last month to install the Titan, and Jeroen also ordered a Vyger Indian for his second room, which Giuseppe installed last week.

both are working great, he is setting up the second room. The Atlantis continued in the Cessaro Zeta room with Techdas and Dohmann 2 and multiple pivots

he tried his Opus on the vyger, but went back to the red sparrow. The Indian and Atlantis now both have the red sparrow. For the Indian he has the Aries cerat phono which is also voiced with the Red sparrow because Stavros uses it on the Galder linear tracker.

D2353A51-F28A-4340-9FC7-9F0DD9747B06.jpeg

Last edited:

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Ok fine, a bit more lusty pic
Room competition for Bobvin
57635795-3EFF-45A1-86FE-FBA759DB1F9D.jpeg

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
...now that's fine car-audio.

Yes that's the seating position. You put the LP on, get in the car, start the engine, and swing in the seat.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing