Your lastest music purchases!

A personal holy grail purchase. Original stereo mint copy on the Phillies label:

Ronettes.jpg

Always had a thing for Ronnie Spector!

HIGHLIGHT (OF THE YEAR PROBABLY) SHIPPING MONDAY!

Led Zeppelin - Celebration Day on Blu Ray

Others ordered this week:

Flamenco Arabe - Hossam Ramzy
Madar - Anoaur Brahem
Indicum - Bobo Stenson Trio
Cantando - Bobo Stenson

Coldplay Live 2012 on Blu Ray

Oscar Peterson We Get Requests FIM and Analogue Reproductions Versions
Bach Goldberg Variations - Ito, Ma Recordings
Ella and Louis FIM and Analogue Reproduction
Ella and Louis MFSL
Mozart Violin Concertos 2L
Mozart Symphonie Concertante FIM Remaster
Schumann Piano - complete works - Ashkenazy
Schumann Symphonies - Furtwangler Symphony 4/Hadyn 88, and the Complete Works - Gardiner
Dead can Dance - Into the Labryinth - MFSL
Bob Dylan - Amnesty Intl 50th Anniversary - 4CDs of Dylan's music performed by various artists from Wycliffe Jean to Sting
The Wall - MFSL
Horace Parlan, Sonny Stitt, Bill Evans, Lou Donaldson, MyCoy Tyner- All recently remastered versions (Analogue Reproductions, etc)
Richter - All of his Beethoven Recordings from Prague remasterd
Beethoven - Karajan '63 remastered
Dexter Gordon - Live at Monmartre
Muddy Waters and Rolling Stones Live
Schuman & Grieg Piano Concertos - Rada Lupu - FIM Remaster

Oscar Peterson We Get Requests FIM and Analogue Reproductions Versions
Bach Goldberg Variations - Ito, Ma Recordings
Ella and Louis FIM and Analogue Reproduction
Ella and Louis MFSL
Mozart Violin Concertos 2L
Mozart Symphonie Concertante FIM Remaster
Schumann Piano - complete works - Ashkenazy
Schumann Symphonies - Furtwangler Symphony 4/Hadyn 88, and the Complete Works - Gardiner
Dead can Dance - Into the Labryinth - MFSL
Bob Dylan - Amnesty Intl 50th Anniversary - 4CDs of Dylan's music performed by various artists from Wycliffe Jean to Sting
The Wall - MFSL
Horace Parlan, Sonny Stitt, Bill Evans, Lou Donaldson, MyCoy Tyner- All recently remastered versions (Analogue Reproductions, etc)
Richter - All of his Beethoven Recordings from Prague remasterd
Beethoven - Karajan '63 remastered
Dexter Gordon - Live at Monmartre
Muddy Waters and Rolling Stones Live
Schuman & Grieg Piano Concertos - Rada Lupu - FIM Remaster

On Ella and Louis, both the FIM and Analogue Reproductions were excellent...i got both to compare since i'd never owned 2 albums remastered by different top-notch groups. Equally good...Analogue Reproductions true to its name really made me feel like i was listening to a record...i do not have this record so could not possibly say...but certainly felt that way. FIM slightly more 'transparent feeling', less thick/body. Maybe clearer? Maybe.

But on Oscar Peterson, i was quite surprised...the FIM was incredibly detailed, clear in a way the still excellent Analogue Reproductions could not compete thought still nice and highly vinyl sounding/natural feeling. The FIM was remarkably more detailed and clear...tremendous difference. If you've ever heard the earlier Thelonious Monk's Genius of Modern Music CDs vs the remastered or the Red Garland Trio earlier CD versions vs the remastered, the Analogue Reproductions Oscar Peterson is already a tremendous audiophile-quality recording...but the FIM took it so much further that it was equivalent distance above the Analogue Reproductions in clarity as the jump was in those earlier CDs i mentioned to their respective remasterd versions. Might some say they prefer the rounder, softer version of the APO version of We Get rEquests...maybe...but even they i suspect would have to admit the FIM remaster is sensationally clear in a way the APO is not.

I have those 3 FIM CD's you mention in your first post, but I don't see any Oscar Peterson??

That's some score Lloyd!:cool:

I have those 3 FIM CD's you mention in your first post, but I don't see any Oscar Peterson??

Hi...the Oscar Peterson We Get Requests is actually an LIM (not FIM)...basically same group, Winston Ma, just his Lasting Impressions Music group instead of First Impressions Music group.

That's some score Lloyd!:cool:

Took me several months...nearly a year to find them all at the best prices...and then i ordered them shipped to my folks where it was cheaper.

Hi...the Oscar Peterson We Get Requests is actually an LIM (not FIM)...basically same group, Winston Ma, just his Lasting Impressions Music group instead of First Impressions Music group.

Got it, thanks; they're all on the same website now.

Got it, thanks; they're all on the same website now.

BTW, the Muddy Waters/Rolling Stones jam session is incredible...the Stones were on tour thru Chicago...and stopped by to a Muddy Waters jam at the Checkerboard Lounge (owned by Buddy Guy) while in town. They ended up getting on stage with him, along with Buddy Guy, Junior Wells who also ended up joining the jam. the remastered CD and DVD set is excellent quality sound and just a fun jam session.

Last edited:
Here's what I got today:

Thom Yorke - The Eraser
Hidden Orchestra - Archipelago
Non/Boyd Rice - Back to Mono
Joey+Rory - Album #2
Erykah Badu - New Amerykah
Black Marble - A Different Arrangement
Gene Clark - No Other
The Black Heart Procession - The Spell
Ford & Lopatin - Channel Pressure
Ohmega Watts - Watts Happening
Friendly Fires - Late Night Tales

All new vinyl.

Felix

Here's what I got today:

Thom Yorke - The Eraser
Hidden Orchestra - Archipelago
Non/Boyd Rice - Back to Mono
Joey+Rory - Album #2
Erykah Badu - New Amerykah
Black Marble - A Different Arrangement
Gene Clark - No Other
The Black Heart Procession - The Spell
Ford & Lopatin - Channel Pressure
Ohmega Watts - Watts Happening
Friendly Fires - Late Night Tales

All new vinyl.

Felix

Cool. I have the Erykah Badu...I also have Baduizm.

Lucy Kaplansky "Reunion" Album - if you are looking an extremely well recorded female acoustic folk...'if you like Clapton meets Norah Jones, you might like this'...i just got it and enjoy it quite a bit.

BTW, the Muddy Waters/Rolling Stones jam session is incredible...the Stones were on tour thru Chicago...and stopped by to a Muddy Waters jam at the Checkerboard Lounge (owned by Buddy Guy) while in town. They ended up getting on stage with him, along with Buddy Guy, Junior Wells who also ended up joining the jam. the remastered CD and DVD set is excellent quality sound and just a fun jam session.

I hope to pick up the MW/RS Checkerboard Lounge disc tomorrow! I have heard nothing but great things about this.

I hope to pick up the MW/RS Checkerboard Lounge disc tomorrow! I have heard nothing but great things about this.

Good for you! It is a great album...rapidly rising to the top of my blues collection. A lot of fun...very very good musicians, clearly having fun, and great, great sound (by any standard...but particularly by blues standards, which as you know, can often have sh-y recordings unfortunately!) Enjoy and please post...and if you hate, dont hesitate to say so! Hope you like it as much as many of us do!

Good for you! It is a great album...rapidly rising to the top of my blues collection. A lot of fun...very very good musicians, clearly having fun, and great, great sound (by any standard...but particularly by blues standards, which as you know, can often have sh-y recordings unfortunately!) Enjoy and please post...and if you hate, dont hesitate to say so! Hope you like it as much as many of us do!

I'm easily pleased because of my propensity to always look first at the positive side of things. As long as it doesn't sound like the dog that is the John Lennon-Imagine 40th Anniversary Boxset....we're good! ;)

I'm easily pleased because of my propensity to always look first at the positive side of things. As long as it doesn't sound like the dog that is the John Lennon-Imagine 40th Anniversary Boxset....we're good! ;)

I also just got 3 more Rodrigo y gabriela albums - 11:11, Live in Manchester and Re-Foc...11:11 is great so far!!!

23941_442496079121251_831224854_n.jpg

Bought the new VU vinyl box today. I'm giving it to my wife so that she can give it back to me as a holiday gift.

As a present to myself, I scored some Mo-Fi albums today at really great prices. The DCD MFSL SACD's are getting pretty rare and to get them at a decent price was pleasing. I can't wait to compare the MFSL of Into the Labyrinth to the CD I recently acquired.

55647a9181e45c154b6ee2f30cb.jpg

1318490189_folder-4.jpg

and finally, an album I hope MFSL did right....

DSC_0202.JPG

Tom

Nice score Tom! I have the Sony SACD's of The Stranger and 52nd Street. Can't play them right now as I'm without a SACD player for the moment. :mad: Never should have sold my Oppo DV-980H.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing