You ain't heard Pink Floyd like this...

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
I think the answer lies with the fact that PF were some of the first to use electronic effects. ELP were also doing this, and some of their LP's were also used to demonstrate "effects".
And to add....The Beatles were absolutely fascinated with effects that could be introduced while in the studio.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Division Bell does not make the cut for me as it is devoid of Roger Waters.
I don't consider that to be a bad thing TBH.

However, I'll agree with you completely if the prerequisite to your choice must be based on the inclusion of RW.

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
Pink Floyd was one of the few bands out there (in the rock arena) that actually cared about sound quality in their live performances.

I saw them at Jack Murphy Stadium and two things happened.
1. 95% of the audience didn't realize the concert started about 45 minutes before the musicians actually hit the stage as the very slowly brought up ambient sound throughout the arena till suddenly they were on stage, very cool.
2. For a football arena it sounded damn good, loud clean, no need for ear plugs, no fatigue after the show.

jazdoc

Member Sponsor
Aug 7, 2010
Bellevue
This is an experience that I don't think any of the super systems could even get close to recreating. Like a Pink Floyd show, it involves all of the senses, taste and touch being at the fore.

I've been to a Scissor Sisters concert and it was quite a unique experience! :D

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
I have yet to hear a PF cover by anyone that was worth listening to more than once.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing