Wine Cellars

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
How about lets show off where we keep the good stuff! This was the very first room we finished in the house and now it's behind a hidden panel in back of the studio. You can see the panel to the right of the light switch in the back of the room.
Capacity ~869 bottles by Apex Wine Cellars in Bellevue, WA

Attachments

• DCP00997..jpg
    DCP00997..jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 59
  • DCP00998..jpg
    DCP00998..jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 53
  • DCP00999..jpg
    DCP00999..jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 54
  • Picture 053..jpg
    Picture 053..jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:

rsbeck

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Nice work -- and thanks for starting this thread -- great idea! I trust you have more wine in your cellar now than when you took the pics? Nice to see a fellow collector. I love having a wine cellar in my house. How many bottles does it hold? What kinds of wine do you collect? How long have you been collecting?

Bruce B

Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
Oh yeah... we do have quite a few more bottles in there. We like mostly whites, the sweet kinds like Riesling, Gewurztraminer, Chenin Blanc, Muscat and late harvest Ice Wines. The cellar holds about 869 bottles and we have around 450-500. Haven't been collecting long... probably less than 10 years.

Ron Party

WBF Founding Member
Apr 30, 2010
Oakland, CA
Heck, I know to whose home I'm going to visit the next time I come up for air from work! Any music listening would just be icing on the cake.

rsbeck

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Oh yeah... we do have quite a few more bottles in there. We like mostly whites, the sweet kinds like Riesling, Gewurztraminer, Chenin Blanc, Muscat and late harvest Ice Wines. The cellar holds about 869 bottles and we have around 450-500. Haven't been collecting long... probably less than 10 years.

Interesting. I've got some of these varietals in my cellar, too. Most of my Rieslings, Gewurtztraminer and sweet late harvest whites are from an Alsatian Producer, Zind-Humbrecht. I also collect dessert wine from D'Yquem and I have found another producer for Sauternes that costs a little less but is quite competitive, Climens. The 1986 Ciimens is fantastic at about 1/4 the cost of D'Yquem.

Which producers do you favor?

Bruce B

Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
Actually the Pacific NW up here is stocked with wineries, so we try to stay here and support the local economy. Chateau Ste. Michelle is probably our most favorite with the ice wines from Okanogan valley WA and Canada coming in a close second.

rsbeck

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
I hear you. Between California, Oregon and Washington, there is a lot of great wine being produced locally. I'm trying to buy less and less from France and Italy and more from local wineries. However, I am a huge fan of Chateauneuf Du Pape and had to buy some of the 2007 vintage. IMO, we're catching up on the Rhone varietals, especially with Syrah, but it's still hard to get the kind of quality here that you get in the Southern Rhone for such a great price. I do, however, support Tablas Creek out of Paso Robles. As you probably know, it is owned by the Perrin family of Chateau Beaucastel fame in partnership with Robert Haas. Their 2007's have received great reviews. I bought a bunch but I'm laying it down for awhile.

Ron Party

WBF Founding Member
Apr 30, 2010
Oakland, CA
Mmmmmmmmm. Chateauneuf Du Pape Yuuuummmmmmmm. One of my favorites since the mid-1980s.

rsbeck

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
I'm a big fan, too. In my cellar, I have a pretty big section devoted to Chateauneuf Du Pape; Beaucastel, Dom Pegau, Chapoutier, Vieux Telegraph, Janasse, Vieux Donjon, Pierre Usseglio. Lots of different vintages; 1989, 1990, 1995, 2001, 2003, 2004, 2007. Used to have some 1981 Beaucastel, was sorry to drink my last bottle a few years ago.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing