Wilson Audio WAMM - Need help!

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
I am sure you could sell a new super WAMM. I would wish it be a four box system with a ribbon tweeter (of course that's a big challenge). Price it at $750,000.

Agree...I don't think its a stretch with the Tidal Assoulata, Marten Supreme II, Avalon Tesseract, Genesis 1.2/Dragon...all pushing $400K-500K...to push the limit out further with a return of the WAMM. Go ALL OUT...don't look back, don't think about the competition, THINK ABOUT WHAT'S HUMANLY POSSIBLE...throw all the weight of Wilson behind the new WAMM...and create something that makes the XLF/Thor worthy of being Surrounds in a 5.1 system to it.

Lildebs888

May 12, 2011
Grantsville, Utah
www.facebook.com
Agree...I don't think its a stretch with the Tidal Assoulata, Marten Supreme II, Avalon Tesseract, Genesis 1.2/Dragon...all pushing $400K-500K...to push the limit out further with a return of the WAMM. Go ALL OUT...don't look back, don't think about the competition, THINK ABOUT WHAT'S HUMANLY POSSIBLE...throw all the weight of Wilson behind the new WAMM...and create something that makes the XLF/Thor worthy of being Surrounds in a 5.1 system to it.

XLF as surrounds! Haha! I have a hard time thinking of an almost $200K system being surrounds ;)

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
XLF as surrounds! Haha! I have a hard time thinking of an almost $200K system being surrounds ;)

Well, no doubt you've seen the surround system which used either 3 or 5 X1s from many years ago...;)

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Well, no doubt you've seen the surround system which used either 3 or 5 X1s from many years ago...;)

I remember that as well. It was in Silicone valley. 5 X1's powered by twin Halcro amps at each channel

zbub

Jun 27, 2013
Well actually there's an audiophile in Taipei who used to have a pair of X2s as his front channels, and after buying a pair of XLF, he just moved the X2s back and used them as surrounds...
Not XLF as surrounds, but pretty insane still...

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Well actually there's an audiophile in Taipei who used to have a pair of X2s as his front channels, and after buying a pair of XLF, he just moved the X2s back and used them as surrounds...
Not XLF as surrounds, but pretty insane still...

...AND THERE YOU GO! ;) What are the chances a mighty new WAMM comes out...and someone has XLFs for surrounds and a pair of X2s on sale...

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
...AND THERE YOU GO! ;) What are the chances a mighty new WAMM comes out...and someone has XLFs for surrounds and a pair of X2s on sale...

Probably the X2's will be used in a 7.1 AV system ...

LL21

Dec 26, 2010

zbub

Jun 27, 2013

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Here's a link to the page where you can see all the equipment --

http://www.my-hiend.com/vbb/showthread.php?5419-????????-Ben/page15

Goldmund pre/power, total of 3 CH Precision C1 DAC (for multichannel) are correct. Analog front end is actually the new Goldmund Reference. Photo pres are FM Acoustics.

Enjoy the pictures!

Great system. I had never seen before a Clearaudio Master Reference II with such dual motor drive - is it a regular model?

zbub

Jun 27, 2013
Great system. I had never seen before a Clearaudio Master Reference II with such dual motor drive - is it a regular model?

I believe so. If you look closely the motor on the right is the actual motor; the one on the left is the flywheel driving the platter.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing