Will you be Attending an Audio Show in the Near Future? What will it take?

caesar

May 30, 2010
What will it take for you guys to walk narrow hotel halls and sit in tight quarters with others in small hotel room?

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Nice canapes.

Reactions: hogen

tima

Industry Expert
Mar 3, 2014
the Upper Midwest
In the past, under the best of conditions going to large shows with large international attendance was always a crapshoot for health risk during 'normal' times. Ever hear of the 'CES flu' ?

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
I hope to be a demonstrator myself in the future .
My plan is install all the gear , make a playlist and set it on repeat .
And then leave the show and go back and hide in the hotel for 3 days :)

No seriously next year this whole situation will be a thing of the past I believe

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
With all the YT comparison videos here, maybe every show in future will be virtual. Heck, maybe every audio demo ahead of purcase will be via tablet.

Reactions: andromedaaudio

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
In the past, under the best of conditions going to large shows with large international attendance was always a crapshoot for health risk during 'normal' times. Ever hear of the 'CES flu' ?

Really? Was CES flu a thing?

hogen

May 15, 2018
Oslo, Norway
What will it take for you guys to walk narrow hotel halls and sit in tight quarters with others in small hotel room?
Hopefully there will a Warsaw show in November, if so I would love to go:)

tony22

Nov 4, 2019
I’ve been thinking about this myself, with AXPONA having been moved to August. Even with masks and gloves I’m uncertain.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Caesar, everyone I've talked with said they will only attend if they can meet you at the end of one of those hallways. ;)

Stay safe

I'm not going to any audio shows any time soon.

Reactions: Leif S

Leif S

Industry Expert
Feb 13, 2015
California
www.vonschweikert.com
I’ve been thinking about this myself, with AXPONA having been moved to August. Even with masks and gloves I’m uncertain.
Just so you all know, the phone calls I have been receiving from other manufacturers is that every one of them would actually prefer "No Audio Shows for the rest of this year." It's not just about wearing mask or downed attendance. It's about the global affects of sales and for a show promoter to not take any of this into consideration is just wrong. They need to wake up and smell the coffee. We have had to completely restructure how we operate to keep production moving forward and still keep with this quarantine. I could care less about audio shows for the rest of this year. Also, there have been a tremendous amount of hotel staff that has been layed off due to this virus. We have had conversations with other show promoters who I feel are actually looking at this from a more realistic perspective.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Build it and I will come.

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
how many dealers will be left, bigger question.

agree with Leif that there likely won't be a show in 2020. LA County has extended stay at home to May 15 so not sure why they haven't just folded the LA show already. AXPONA/RMAF will be the next question.

Reactions: Leif S

beaur

Fleetwood Sound
Oct 12, 2011
Brooklyn

Paid admission and a nearby hotel unless it's in NYC then I'll sleep in my bed.

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
What will airlines do to help keep passengers safe and convince them it is safe? Eliminate center seat bookings for larger plans? What about 2x2s?

I think a lot of people who are not immune are going to avoid airplanes until there is a vaccine and/or better treatments methods.

Reactions: Steve Williams

beaur

Fleetwood Sound
Oct 12, 2011
Brooklyn
What will airlines do to help keep passengers safe and convince them it is safe? Eliminate center seat bookings for larger plans? What about 2x2s?

I think a lot of people who are not immune are going to avoid airplanes until there is a vaccine and/or better treatments methods.

Well, they could read articles like this. Flying won't be any riskier than going out to grocery store, a bar etc. once things open back up. That's all assuming that people are responsible and stay home when they don't feel well.

BTW I'd rather be on the plane than the security line!

https://www.tripsavvy.com/air-quality-during-your-flight-54164

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
Well, they could read articles like this. Flying won't be any riskier than going out to grocery store, a bar etc. once things open back up. That's all assuming that people are responsible and stay home when they don't feel well.

BTW I'd rather be on the plane than the security line!

https://www.tripsavvy.com/air-quality-during-your-flight-54164

Unfortunately, the estimate of the asymptomatic infections is around 20% (or more) so not feeling well isn’t always an indicator that one is not contagious. Given how they pack people into airplanes and how the air moves in the body, real social distancing isn’t possible.

beaur

Fleetwood Sound
Oct 12, 2011
Brooklyn
I have been on too many flights to ever think people will do the right thing and not fly if they are not well.

It will be interesting to see if that changes. Given the public perception, there may be enforcement from the airline/airport side and something like temperature screening and denying boarding to obviously sick people. I think by necessity it's going to have to be a new world out there.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing