Why are there no female Audiophiles?

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
I quit high-end hifi when our daughters were around 3 and 5 and didn't start again again until they were in their early 20s

Now that your kids are of working age perhaps you can explain to them the sacrifice you suffered by neglecting your audio hobby during their maturation. I would be happy to negotiate for you a contract with them which requires them to send home to you, say, 25% of their gross income so you can at long last buy your dream stereo system -- which you would've had many years ago but for your selfless sacrifice to them.

Zuman

Feb 25, 2023
Now that your kids are of working age perhaps you can explain to them the sacrifice you suffered by neglecting your audio hobby during their maturation. I would be happy to negotiate for you a contract with them which requires them to send home to you, say, 25% of their gross income so you can at long last buy your dream stereo system -- which you would've had many years ago but for your selfless sacrifice to them.
You know, I've long regarded your opinions and values as impeccably considered, logically sound, and founded on timeless moral principles...

• Haha
Reactions: Gregm and Dierkx1

Dierkx1

Jan 14, 2020
My 2 daughters grew up going to record stores and dealers with dad (me). Kudos to John Hunter and Garth Leerer of DB Audio in Berkeley for keeping my daughters occupied while I listened To the latest and greatest.
They are now adults with systems comprised of Amphion speakers, T+A electronics and Pro-ject turntables. The feedback I get from them is that none of their women friends show any interest in their hi-fi and ALL their male friends do. Not sure what to make of this small sample size.

Reactions: mtemur

Pokey77

Feb 16, 2022
I know two females into this hobby. One is more of an acquaintance than friend, but she is lovely and has a very nice system - she participates here but not sure why she hasn't chimed in except that she may just laugh at our attempts to understand why there aren't more females in this hobby! The other is a used-to-be neighbors' mom of mine. She has a knack for putting systems together and though I've heard a few of them, I doubt I've heard her most recent iteration since I haven't been to her place since before Covid. I think she is a member here but don't know if she is participating here as the username that I thought she was using turned out to be just another dude!

Reactions: AudioGod

Tuckers

VIP/Donor
Nov 18, 2020
We have a number of active women members at the San Francisco Audio Foundation including management/board members.

Audio 1

Jul 18, 2022
Naples, FL
A few names that come to mind - EveAnna Manley - Manley Laboratories; Anee W. J. - designer and manager at Sophia Electric; Rachel Zhang - Grant Fidelity; Julie Mullins - Stereophile
Another is Kat Ourlian who worked for Upscale Audio and is very knowledgeable on analog gear and is definitely into 2-ch audio.

Reactions: AudioGod

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing