Which album is your guilty pleasure?

Wardsweb

May 8, 2010
San Antonio, TX
wardswebllc.com
What do you pull out when no one else is around. Something that's for you. It doesn't have to be popular or well known. Maybe a one hit wonder or something obscure, but you really like it. Some chamber music on a quiet night, mabye a little funky or disco when your bones need to move, or that rock album you have to turn up to 11. Riverdance? Mack Daddy? Saturday Night Fever?

Joe Satriani - Flying in a blue dream and yes the house shakes.

soundofvoid

WBF Founding Member
Apr 22, 2010
Athens/Greece
For me,it's the Wipers:Return of the rat,No solution and My vengeance played in a row.
The other day the clips that connect the wires to the woofers blew away ...

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
I can't answer the question as I live alone and therefore can listen to anything at anytime. However, if you mean playing something I enjoy that others don't (for whatever reason), I'd have to say Murray Head - Say It Ain't So! No one I've ever played this LP for has enjoyed it the way I do, and as such, it only gets a turn on the TT when no one is around.

John

mep

Apr 20, 2010
John-Is that the same Murray Head that did "One Night in Bangkok?" I actually have the extended dance LP of that song.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
John-Is that the same Murray Head that did "One Night in Bangkok?" I actually have the extended dance LP of that song.

Yes it is! Murray did that song, which featured on the musical CHESS album( I have a vinyl copy).

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Also don't forget Murray as Judas from Jesus Christ Superstar and singing the hit Superstar (Jesus Christ Superstar).

Rich

Never understood why he didn't make it bigger on this side of the pond.

John

naturephoto1

May 24, 2010
Breinigsville, PA
www.nelridge.com
Never understood why he didn't make it bigger on this side of the pond.

John

Hi John,

For that matter, why didn't John Waite have more success. He had one of the best and most recognizable voices in Rock Music and had success with the Babys and Bad English. But as a solo artist he only had 1 #song with Missing You.

Rich

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I'd say Lily Allen - It's not me It's You. Got a picture disc LP. Pressing is poor but the music is still very good. I play it on my SL1200 with an MM cart. Sounds better than when using the main rig.

rsbeck

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Howard Jones. Yep, it's embarrassing 80's Big Hair replete with synthetic drums and all, but it's bouncy and tuneful and especially good while driving.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing