WHDpure by Taket?

Zuman

Feb 25, 2023
A well-known member of this forum and I have had an offline discussion regarding the WHDpure "woofer high-definitioners" produced by Taket in Japan. We both own Taket supertweeters (he owns two different models) and I own just their newest, the Taket Lives. We both are happy with the supertweeters and are completely confident in the value they bring to our systems; however, neither of us is sold on the WHDpures. In fact, I'm not fully convinced that they're doing anything to positively or negatively impact my system's overall presentation.
Is there anyone else here with Taket WHDpures? If so, what are your thoughts, and have you discovered anything that might help us out?

asdffx

Jul 9, 2011
WHDpure is very good effect in my system and some other friend system ,
Even more effective than Taket Lives . I think.
There are two points to note, the speaker cable can not be too bad, the speaker base is best reinforced, the original is too light.

Zuman

Feb 25, 2023
Thanks for replying, asdffx.
-Are you using the steel "stands" that Taket provides for the WHDpure? I was always a bit concerned about the springiness of those stands, but Taket also suggests mounting the WHDpures to the sides of the main speakers with two-sided tape!
WHDpure.jpg
-Do you have yours close to the floor, or raised above the floor?
-Do place yours outside of and close to your main speakers?
-Do you align the front of the WHDpure with the front baffle of the main speakers or have you chosen another position.
I appreciate your input!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing